Yesterday and today were pretty good days. Joe continues to feel better and better aside from constantly being exhausted. We continue to take walks around the very scenic 7th floor of the hospital. His appetite is good. His steroids are being tapered. And he is no longer attached to a saline drip 24/7. Being able to go home seems to be right around the corner now. :)
Today Albert and Pamela came to visit. It was so good for Joe's spirit to have them around! Plus, Pamela hand delivered special cupcakes from New York! What a treat.
Brian brought by a movie which Joe and I watched in the evening. Fun stuff! Thanks Brian!
Louis stopped by with a balloon and a card yesterday. Thanks Louis!
So things are definitely looking up. Yay for Joe! I'm so proud of him for staying tough through all of this. He's my hero! Today was his third dose of chemo. So far so good, and no negative side effects. Yippeeee! In case you're curious, he's on VIDAZA. I wasn't going to burden you readers with specifics...but then I realized that so many of you are doctors and pharmacists you might be craving that info. :)
I apologize for missing phone calls lately. I promise I'm not trying to ignore you guys. :) Sometimes if I'm not in the room I miss some calls...and then because I selfishly want to spend more time with Joe I don't get a chance to return all the calls. We do appreciate every call and all the well wishes though. So much love!
We are trying to limit visitors to Joe's room to mostly family. Joe would love to see more familiar faces of course. I know he misses seeing everyone! But we want to be cautious since he's neutropenic and on chemo. Beyond that, it's hard for him to get any rest at all since doctors and nurses are constantly going in and out to check up on him. So please be patient with us. :) We realize that there are a lot of you big hearted people who want to come and bring him some cheer. And we LOVE that. But for now, we're playing it safe.
Saturday, July 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Karen such a gracious way to ask folks to "stay away" for now. Truly it is a wonder anyone gets any rest in a hospital, what with all the vitals, checks, meds, etc, you must count everythin going in and out!!!!...it is all for the patient's good, but oh, how wearying it is. In the "old days" they used to post street signs that read: "Quiet, Hospital Zone", and I wondered whatever for. Has to be the noisiest place around. Hang in there you two, home is just around the corner. Gretchen
hi karen and joe just wanted to let you know you are in our prayers and think of you often.hope you get home soon as "theres no place like home" lou ann.
Post a Comment