Friday, July 28, 2006

Today was a pretty laid back day...which was a good thing. Joe and I needed a day to just chill! Joe's mom came to visit which was nice. She helped cut up the watermelon that my mom brought us yesterday. Mostly it was just nice to have her company!

We got a neat cookbook from the Jou's. The super neat part is that the author of the cookbook is named Dr. Luke Lin! Funny, huh? I think I'll get a lot of good ideas from it. Thank you!

Thanks also to Kenny from church. Joe got a goody bag from him with a couple t-shirts, a bunch of Steeler DVDs (Joe's eyes totally lit up when he saw them!) and a really sweet note. Joe will be entertained/distracted for hours! Thank you Sheena for delivering the goods. We hope and pray you made it safely back to Toronto!
And finally a big thank you to our super neighbor Greg! He has been so wonderful. When we're not around, he does things like collect our newspapers and put our trash cans inside after garbage day. Don't even need to ask, he just does it. And today, he helped me with my car! I was heading out to Giant Eagle for some little things when I discovered that my car wouldn't start! I don't even know what I did, but my battery was dead. So Greg helped me get my car started again. Thank you!!!!!

That's all I have to report today. Oh one more thing, it has been tough for Joe to get a good night sleep because when it's bedtime, his mind starts racing. Well, Brian is letting Joe borrow this sleep CD. If Joe sleeps well tonight, Brian gets a thank you tomorrow. :) Just kidding. Thank you so much Brian! Joe really appreciated the talk you had the other night.

Lots of hugs for everyone. Keep sending those big virtual hugs to Joe! He can really use them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great news about the potential matches. I just caught up on the blog and it does seem like two steps back, one step forward or vs. However, since we know that you are safely in God's hands now; as you were before this all transpired, we can have confidence in Him, for He really is caring/guiding you. Keep the faith, kids! I am praying for you all. God bless, Gretchen