Thursday, July 27, 2006

Today Auntie Ho brought over some really scrumptious soup with abalone, mushrooms, and chicken. I know you are all jealous. She also brought us two kinds of cookies. Everything was so yummy. Thank you!

The results of Joe's blood draw today showed an especially low WBC. So Joe is under special surveillance. :) No going outside, masks when people are around, no heavy exercise, etc. He's been behaving himself though and making me proud!

Joe got some encouraging news though. He has 34 potential matches from the NMDP so far. They have narrowed that number down to seven young-ish Asian males to see if any of them are an ideal match. It is most likely that Joe's match is of Asian decent. This is just preliminary stuff...but we'll take any bit of encouraging news!

Meanwhile, a bone marrow drive is being set up for August 20th. Mark your calendars, and I'll be updating with more specifics soon!

Vince stopped by today. Joe was so happy to see Vince and have the opportunity to spend some time with him. Yay!

My parents came over too and we were able to have dinner together, thanks to help from my mom!

That's it. I want to go hang out with Joe now. I did want to thank Anita, Rachel, and Kathy - because I know that you have all helped out with the 7th and 8th grade Sunday school class since I've been away. Thank you so much! If there are others, let me know so I can thank them too. :) And speaking of Anita, we miss you too! Come back and visit us anytime, PLEASE.

No comments: