Hi everybody! Well, Joe and I are camping out at his parents place. He is so happy to be HOME! It is a bit of a transition. First of all, he's not on steroids anymore, and it was a pretty high dose they were giving him. So he's getting used to that. Joe's dealing with the tenderness in his thighs and abdomen from the chemo. He's trying to catch up on sleep, get used to stairs, and stay regular. :)
Yesterday a home care nurse came to change his dressing on his triple lumen. She also taught me how to flush each lumen. I get to play nurse once a day! I'm sure it makes Dr. Joe crazy to have me doing something he could do better...but he's been very patient with me!
Joe's parents have been awesome and bending over backwards to make sure Joe has everything that he needs. I'm getting some cooking lessons, so that's cool! All is well, and apparently Albert will be back to visit his big brother this weekend. Yay!
Keep praying for Joe, as I know that being back at home and not being able to bounce right back into his normal routines is a tough reality for him right now. It's a lot to take in, and now that he doesn't have millions of doctors and nurses and fevers interrupting his day, a lot more time is available for him to worry. He is feeling better little by little though. And as always, he is so thankful for everyone's love!!!!!! Happy day.
Wednesday, July 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Know that I love you guys and have been praying and believing for healing :) You guys are an amazing couple and proof positive that a relationship truly based on the Lord can withstand any storm!!!! Love and hugs!!!!
In Him,
Jeannette :) <><
Post a Comment