Monday, July 24, 2006

Hey everyone,

It's Joe again trying out this blogging thing. I didn't realize that Karen was already so comprehensive in update about the weekend. It was so good to see my best friend Mike who came all the way from Seattle just to see me. Just to see him in person and be able to talk or watch TV or share a meal meant a lot to me. It was also awesome that my brother and his girlfriend Pamela came for the weekend too. The house felt so festive and they provided some much needed distractions. Last night, the "kids" made dinner and Karen, my brother, and Pamela laid out a feast. Karen made a really delicious and fresh vegetable soup and Albert impressed everyone with breaded pork chops with fruit, garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus. Pamela of course helped out with everything as the designated sous chef. It was so great to see those guys, but I got really emotional and welled up or wept every time someone had to leave.

Again, I can't thank everyone enough for the total outpouring of love I've received. My dad is constantly telling me about people at West Penn who ask about me and wish me well... and some people he doesn't even know! And then there's everyone from church, my friends scattered all over the country, my parent's friends who are constantly bringing food and even fresh vegetables from your gardens... thank you one and all.

These are some really trying times for me and recuperation has been slower than I would have thought, but I'm really trying to stick to the theme of "staying positive". I struggle with that, but that's something that my dear wife Karen is very good at. She brings sunshine to every room and every situation, so I'm trying to emulate that!

Sorry for my random ramblings, but this blogging is kind of therapeutic in a way. Let's keep in touch, I look forward to hearing from you guys too.

Until next time,
Joe

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe & Karen,

It was such a joy to read your blog stuff. All of our hearts are moved and touched by the real love of Christ that flows from one to the other constantly.

Karen, thank you for keeping us updated with what's going on all the time.

Joe, your suffering is our suffering and your recovery is the joy of all of us.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe & Karen,

Glad to hear Joe is doing so much better. In reading the blog it is great to see how much support you both have from friends and family. As you know and have expressed it is during these difficult times that we come to appreciate the things that really matter. You are always in our thoughts and prayers. Keep up that positive attitude that is feed by the four F's: food,friends, family, and faith. Hey, you've heard of the four H club - we should start the four F club!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
HI Joe & Karen,

I used to get your update from Vincent and pastor Jim, but now I know where to go whenever I am thinking of you. You and your family will be in my prayers everyday and whenever PC prays. glad Joe gets to go home and have some rest. Karen, we are so thankful for your high spirit, may He continue to watch over you both.

In His Love
Lihjen

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe and Karen!
We're sooo happy to hear that Joe is feeling better and eating. We are constantly with you in thought and prayer!

Love,
Rune, Van and Hannah