Friday, August 11, 2006

Today we received some encouraging news at the doctor's office. The results of Joe's bone marrow aspirate yesterday showed that his MDS has not gotten worse, has not transformed into AML, and is in fact responding to treatments. Apparently, his marrow shows less blasts than before, which is a good thing. Everything is progressing in the right direction. Joe did receive his first dose of Vidaza in his second cycle. He was feeling pretty good in the early afternoon...but this evening he experienced a lot more nausea than he did during the first round. It was hard for him to eat much dinner. Fortunately, he was able to stomach some jello, Ensure, and watermelon! I hope that the next 4 days are a bit better for him. He's staying strong though. I'm so proud of him. :)
That's all that I have to share today.
Share a hug with someone and tell them how much you love them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hooray for good news! hang in there! -jenny lin