Monday, August 28, 2006

Homemade meatballs!!!!

Yesterday, Joe had a hankerin' for good ol' spaghetti and meatballs. I decided to try my hand at making homemade meatballs. :) It was quite fun. Albert and Joe's mom stopped by before Albert had to fly back to Boston. I wasn't thinking clearly, and hadn't considered they might need to stay for dinner. I was all too happy to invite them to join us...but I was pretty embarrassed about serving Joe's mom spaghetti and meatballs! Usually, I try to make something at least *slightly* more impressive for my dear in-laws! Well, Joe's mom was very gracious (as was Albert!) and we had a very fun meal.

Today, Joe was due for yet another semi-weekly blood draw. Now that Joe doesn't have his triple lumen, we don't get a home care nurse. Normally we would go to West Penn to get his blood drawn, but since Joe had no other reason to see anyone at the office today we decided to go to AGH, which is closer. We did save a good half hour round trip. But we had to pay an extra dollar for parking! AND, we had to wait ALL AFTERNOON for the results. Usually the results are back in around 30 minutes when we go to West Penn. When we had the home care nurses, it might take 2 or 3 hours. Today it took more like 7 hours! No worries though, we didn't have to wait at the hospital. We were just being impatient. :) Joe's results were pretty good. His Hemoglobin and platelets are still looking great! His WBC did go down a bit, but not enough to be worrisome. Thursday we have a big family meeting with the Bone Marrow Transplant Coordinator. We'll be discussing all things BMT related. It should be very informative, and we'll be able to ask all the questions that have been running around in our heads.

If you are in Virginia, or know someone there, CLLF is holding another drive!!!!

Wednesday, September 13, 2006
University of Virginia
9am-4pm
Newcomb Hall Room 389

Spread the Word!!!!!!

For those PGHers who missed the last drive, STAY TUNED! Plans for another drive (or 2?) in Oakland are in the works. :)

Now a couple photos, so you can see how great Joe is looking these days!
This is one of our reunion photos! Isn't it cute how all the "kids" coordinate, and our dads match?














And here's Joe! We had meatball hoagies for lunch. Yum!!!!! Joe's appetite is BACK, yay!!!!!
 Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe looks wonderful! As you would say Karen YAY!!:) I think the hoagie looked pretty good also. Don't feel bad about the spaghetti and meatballs, Dave's family was here to see Livi last week and we had McDonald's. I have no pride left now! You are in our prayers, Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Lookin good! Joe and the sandwich! I wish I was closer and I'd stop by for one of those sandwiches! Meatballs are one of my favorites! Miss you! ~Shelley

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are very nice! Anyone can see how strong of that family support and family tie you have. With Drs and God's help I am sure Joe can make it!! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are very nice! Anyone can see how strong of that family support and family tie you have. With Drs and God's help I am sure Joe can make it!! Good luck!