So I need to share some thank you's. I have been trying my best to thank people along the way. But we've been receiving lots of cards and emails and phone calls from so many loving people. I've been trying my best to keep track of all the love so that I can thank everyone personally one day. Unfortunately, I just know that I'm going to inadvertently miss some people. So from today, I'm going to work on thanking people daily. I'm going to share my list though, because we are so thankful for all of the love. Please forgive me if I have forgotten you...and then you can send me a mean message to remind me how sweet you have been!!!!!
I must say that Joe and I really cherish hearing from everyone. Some of your messages make us laugh, which is wonderful since they say that "laughter is the best medicine!" Some of your messages are filled with prayers, encouragement, and success stories. These bring us such comfort and peace knowing that we have so much support and that Joe can be fixed up! Some of you have shared your own struggles and challenges, and we really value these messages. It is good to feel that we are understood but also it is an honor to know we are trusted to pray for you too! And some of your messages tell of whatever is happening in your life at the time. We love reading these, because even though it seems our world is now limited to home and hospital, we KNOW that in reality stuff is still happening out there in that great big world. It is great to be able to share in your joys and sorrows and even hear about the "mundane" things.
Okie Dokie...
Emails and Ecards
2nd Auntie and Uncle, 3rd Auntie and Uncle, Alyssa, Anita, Anne and Drew, April, April and Paul, Bekah, Ben, Bethie, Carole and John, Caryn, Cathleen, Chris, Cindy, Connie K., Connie Y., December, Emily and Dave, Erica, Heather, Jeannette, Joanna, Jomei, Julie and Soetjie, Karin and Bryan, Lisa, Louis, Louison and Ping, Marcus, Michael and Yan, Ming-Chen, Mrs. Steward, Myra, Narasim, Nicole, Noelle, Patrick, Pei-chen, Rachel, Ray, Roia, Ryoko, Sandy and Osamu, Sara, Sheena, Simon, Susan, Sylvia, Tzu-ching, Van and Rune, Victor, Vince
Cards and Letters
Albert, Anita, Ariel and Kelly, Beth and Dave, Brandon, Sarah, Ashley, Samantha, and Sydney, Brian and Monica, David, Debbie, Eddie, Eloine, Eric, Hannah, Indiana Mom and Dad, Janet and Frank, John and Donna (A.M. and A.D.), Jomei, Kitty and Anthony, Lauren and Eric, LihJen, Lilly, Louis, Louison and Ping, Lydia, Marc, Marcus, Michael and Julia, Myra, Nancy, Bill, and Evan, Prayer Meeting of Trinity E.C. Church, Neeta and Jeff, Pamela, Pastor Jim, Patrick, Paul, Pittsburgh Taiwanese Bible Class, Rachel, Ray, Rebecca, Sara and Mike M., Shalin, Sheena, Shelley, Steve, Taiwanese Association of America-Pittsburgh Chapter, The Breast Center, The Ho Family, The Jou Family, The Kou Family, The Li Family, The MRI Department, TK, Uncle Derlong, Auntie Jennifer, Angela, and Emily, Uncle Fu-Tyan and Auntie Fu-Mei, Uncle Harry and Auntie Jean, Uncle Joe and Auntie Jennifer, Uncle Ralph and Uncle Cindy, Vince.
Phone Calls are more difficult to track, but boy is it wonderful to hear friendly voices!!!! Thanks to 1st Auntie, A.M. and A.D., Akiko, Albert, Auntie and Uncle Yang, Brandon, Caryn, David, Eric, Jay, Jeannette, Jim S., Jimmy and SuAnn, Jocelyn, Juanita, Julie and Gordon, Mammen, Marcus, Maria, Michael, Miss Joan, Mr. Christopher, Nancy, Pastor Jim, Raj and Akila, Sheena, Shelley, Uncle James, Vince, and Yang for your phone calls!
Oh there are so many people to thank. Of course, we love all the comments to the blog. They are always so thoughtful and full of hope and wisdom. Thank you!
Thank you to our parents. Joe and I truly have such wonderful parents. Joe's parents visit every day and help keep our refrigerator stocked and our spirits high. My parents also help keep our refrigerator stocked, call every day and visit each week. They have just been so amazing - giving us strength and putting up with our roller coaster emotions!!!!
PCC and Crossroads. We are SO blessed to have such a great church and fellowship. Someone is always checking up on us and making sure that we're okay. Everyone is praying for us, and we really feel those prayers! The moment we stepped into PCC we knew there was something special there, and we were right! Praise God!
The Radiology Department. Awesome awesome! Each time Joe is in the hospital, he gets visits from the radiology crowd. And everyone who makes it to the 7th floor and into Joe's room talks about how the rest of the radiology department is always asking about Joe. You are all like family to Joe and I really thank you for loving him and watching out for him!
All of our relatives in the U.S. and in Taiwan!!!!!! Joe and I have really cool relatives, and although they are all pretty far, they have all been so wonderful. And how about this. Because of Joe, several of my formerly non-praying or non-church going relatives have been praying and/or going to church. We don't mind that one bit. :)
All of our parents friends. It is like we have hundreds of parents now. Our parents friends have been so wonderful in making sure we're okay...making sure our parents are okay. It has been pretty amazing to feel the love from everywhere!
My knottie and Nestie sisters! Confession. I met these girls in the course of wedding planning, on the internet. But they are amazing girls, and I have had the privilege of meeting several of them - including dear Lisa who has been helping with bone marrow drive stuff. These girls have been praying and sending happy vibes, and emailing and writing. And it is just incredible. Joe just can not believe the love these girls have to offer. Knottie nestie love is powerful stuff...especially the Pittsburgh variety.
Everyone reading this blog deserves a thank you. Because you wouldn't be reading if you didn't care. So thank you for that. Sure, you could just be nosy...but I don't think this blog is interesting enough for people who are simply nosy. :)
Goodness, there are so many people to thank. I'm sure I've missed many, and for that I'm truly sorry. Joe and I will never be able to sufficiently thank people enough for loving us. Just know that we love you too, just because.
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment