No fevers today. Yay! I did have trouble flushing one of Joe's lumens today. He called the home care nurse. She had trouble flushing it as well. This evening I tried again, and it's working fine. I guess it just decided to be irritable earlier today!
Joe was pretty quiet today. Turns out he is now completely addicted to Sudoku!!!! I tried to tell him about it months ago, but he had no interest. Then the MRI department got him a handheld Sudoku game, and Ariel got him a book of puzzles. Joe still didn't seem too interested initially...but then he tried it...and now he can't stop!!!! It's been great though, because concentrating on the game completely distracts him from other irritations that generally occupy his mind. We did agree though that the "light and easy" puzzles from Ariel's book are NOT "light and easy." In any case, today Joe spent HOURS going back and forth between the book and the handheld game solving puzzles. Then this evening, his parents came over. I printed out two copies of a Sudoku puzzle from www.websudoku.com, a site that my dear cousins, aunts and uncles in Taiwan shared with us. They were having so much trouble...and then Joe and I realized it was because they didn't know all of the rules! Well, we tutored them a bit...and then we were all concentrating hard on our own puzzles. It was really cute!
Thursday, Joe gets another blood draw. At that time the decision will also be made whether to begin his 2nd cycle of Vidaza...or wait a few more days. In any case, we'll be looking at 5 days in a row of hospital visits. Not so fun, but we're pros now!
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi, Karen and Joe. Great to hear that you're now hooked on Sudoku! Isn't it addicting? I can sit for hours solving those puzzles! Good luck with the upcoming hospital visits. Love, Lauren
Post a Comment