Saturday, September 23, 2006

Still doing well.

These past few days have been good. On Thursday, we got to hang out with my mom in the evening while my dad went to a meeting. My dad had a blast with David from radiology. :) On Friday we went to CrossRoads in the evening. It was great to fellowship with our brothers and sisters, and get to know some of the new members. Today we were good and hung out at home. Joe continues to read like crazy!!!!!! Thank you to LihJen for bringing us some food this afternoon!!!! It was sweet of you to think of us.

We're ironing out details for the drives in in the 'Burgh. If you'd like to help by posting a flier, and we haven't already emailed you, contact us and we'll hook you up! I'll post about the October 2 drive as soon as I learn more. For everyone near LA, don't forget that tomorrow is a big day, thanks to Karin and her church!!!!!

Sunday, September 24
12pm-3:00pm
Evangelical Formosan Church East Valley
20625 La Puente Rd
Walnut, CA 91789

If that's not convenient, no worries. There are more bone marrow drives in the area! I'm posting them here, so no excuses. These are drives that are being held in the next week. Show up and register if you're in the area, or help and SPREAD THE WORD!
These drives are being hosted by A3M:

Sunday, September 24
5:30pm-7:00pm
Ascension Ministry
LA KUMC
7400 Osage Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90045

Monday, September 25
8am-11am
Monterey Park Fire Department
Station 1 Headquarters
350 W Newmark Avenue
Montery Park, CA 91754

Saturday, September 30, 2006
11am-5pm
Phil-Am Expo And Auto Show 1
Los Angeles Convention Center Booth 536
1201 Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90015

Saturday, September 30
2pm-7pm
Moon Festival S. Pasadena
South Pasadena High School
1401 Fremont Avenue
South Pasadena, CA 91030

Saturday, September 30
5:30pm-10pm
Los Angeles Korean International Film Festival
Laemmle Sunset 5 Theater
8000 Sunset Boulevard
West Hollywood, CA 90046

Saturday, September 30, 2006
6 pm - 8 pm
St. John the Baptist Church
1015 BakerCosta
Mesa, CA 92626

Sunday, October 1, 2006
11 am - 5 pm
Phil-Am Expo And Auto Show 2
Los Angeles Convention Center Booth 536
1201 Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90015


Sunday, October 1, 2006
4:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Los Angeles Korean International Film Festival
Laemmle Sunset 5 Theater
8000 Sunset Boulevard
West Hollywood, CA 90046

Here are drives hosted by AADP in Northern California:

Sunday, September 24
3pm-7pm
Shri Swaminaryan Mandir
1425 W. Pine Ave.
Fresno, CA 93728

Sunday, September 24
11am-3:30pm
San Francisco International DragonBoat Festival
Treasure Island
San Francisco, CA

Tuesday and Wednesday, September 26-27
11:30am-1pm
Pacific Gas & Electric
245 Market Street
San Francisco, CA
Day 1 - Atrium /Day 2 - Campaign for Community Kickoff
Auditorium Lobby

Saturday and Sunday, September 30 and October 1
11am-3:30pm
Moon Festival of the Silicon Valley
Cupertino Memorial Park
Stevens Creek Blvd. @ Mary Avenue
Cupertino, CA

And for the East Coast, in case you don't feel like scrolling down. :)

Sunday, October 1
10:30am-4:00pm
Pittsburgh Chinese Church
Oakland Location - held at North Dithridge St(Previously New Hope)
134 North Dithridge St
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

October 2
Carnegie Mellon

September 26-27
11am-4pm
Binghamton University
New Union Room

September 29-30
NYU Asian American Health Conference
NYU School of Medicine
New York, NY

In case, these drive postings are getting boring...well, I must say that I'm sorry...but I'm not really that sorry. :) For obvious reasons, this is a cause that Joe and I have become very passionate about. Because of this, we're going to be spreading the word, spreading awareness, and posting about drives until we're blue in the face and every person even remotely affected by our story can't help but spread the word as well. It is totally cliche, but it's true...if only one person shows up to one of the above drives because of this blog, my efforts were still worthwhile. After all, that is one more person who is on the registry and has the potential to save a life. Please help in some way if you can. I was sharing with the girls in my fellowship yesterday that it made me sad to know that I didn't register until someone so very dear to my heart was affected - my husband. I honestly have no clue how many posters and signs I've walked past and ignored that cried out, "Help save my husband, sister, mother, daughter..." This hurts my heart. But now my eyes have been open to realize that thousands of people are searching for a miracle donor. So I will continue to shout from the rooftops. :) SPREAD THE WORD!

Happy birthday to dear sweet Sara (23rd). And a very happy first anniversary to amazing Lisa and Andrew (24th).

Thank you so much to 2-degree Louis who will be "Running for Joe" in November. Hope it's not too cold!!!!

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in
difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

~2 Corinthians 12:9-10

1 comment:

Alivia's Momma said...

Hey Karen...

Just wanted to ask if the drives you posted are for everyone. I would love to post some on my site if they are. I have a lot of friends that want to get registered. We may do a drive here but friends and family in Pittsburgh would like to get registered out there. Also if anyone wants to just call the Pittsburgh blood bank they can get registered for free if they give blood also.
*em