We returned home to find a lovely surprise. A package from Mike and Amy! We love all things crafty, and crafty plus Steelers is a super plus. Thank you so much!!!!!! You two are too sweet.
Today we had a lovely visit from Pastor Jim! It was wonderful to just sit around and chat. Pastor Jim even brought over some yummy brownies that Angela made. (We gobbled them right up!) What a treat! Joe and I feel so blessed to attend a church with such a great Pastor. One of our fondest memories is of Pastor Jim showing up for a BBQ we held for our fellowship, and staying all night to play Cranium with us! How cool is that?
In the evening we had a surprise visit from Julie and Gordon. They brought over some entertainment and some yummy goodies that we dug into immediately!!!! Thank you!
Yeah, so we're feeling pretty loved this week. Joe looks amazing. Anybody who saw him a couple months ago can attest to that. It's funny, because sometimes when I walk around I feel like I must have a sign on my head that says, "my husband has MDS," and Joe has a sign that says, "I have MDS." But the world continues to revolve...and not around me...not even around Joe! People still cut me off when I'm driving. People still shove in front of us to get on the elevator. People still smile and nod and go about their daily routine. It's just funny, that to people who don't know us, now that Joe has no mask or triple lumen, we just look like any old couple. For now that feels good. At the same time, it also makes me more aware than ever that I never have the right to judge another person. You just never know. You just never know.
Moving on. :) Mark your calendars!!!!! For everyone who was begging and pleading and wondering about a drive in Oakland, it is now OFFICIAL!!!!!!! There will be not one, but TWO bone marrow drives in Oakland. So spread the word, and SHOW UP!!!!!
October 1
Pittsburgh Chinese Church
Oakland Location - held at North Dithridge St
(Previously New Hope)
134 North Dithridge St
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
October 2
Carnegie Mellon
I'll post more details as I get them, and I'll be contacting many of you to help post fliers and spread the word!!!!!
Here are more drives that are coming up. Please share with people in the area and ask them to register! I know it's so easy to ignore these postings and go on with your life. But you could be SAVING a life. It's just as important to register (Thank you to everyone registered!!!!) as it is to share with others and promote awareness. I realize that begging isn't becoming, but I'm trying to be very nice about it. :)
September 24
12pm-3:00pm
Evangelical Formosen Church East Valley
20625 La Puente Rd
Walnut, CA 91789
September 26-27
11am-4pm
Binghamton University
New Union Room
September 29-30
NYU Asian American Health Conference
NYU School of Medicine
New York, NY
October 6 and 13
11:30am-4pm
SUNY Albany
Patroon Lounge
October 20
11am-6pm
Drexel University
Creese Student Center
And now a couple cute pictures.

Joe and his parents.

Joe and Pastor Jim.
Camille celebrated a wedding anniversary this week. Happy anniversary!
We love you. :) All of you!
1 comment:
Oh, you are so right, about "you never know"...it is somewhat amazing that the world does continue to revolve...when those with an illness are seeing everything through "sick-colored glasses"...that probably doesn't make sense...but I am known for statements that don't make sense. I am SO GLAD you guys feel loved, because, of course, you are loved and tangible demonstrations are such a blessing. By the way, if you keep eating all these goodies, you will both be huge! But, somehow goodies taste the best! Gretchen
Post a Comment