Sunday, September 10, 2006

Stayin' strong.

Joe continues to be doing as well as can be in his situation. On Friday, he had good blood draw results once again! We also met with the doctor. All went smoothly, and Joe was given the okay to start his third round of chemo on Monday. This way he got to avoid going to Short Stay over the weekend. He loves the nurses...just not the process of going to Short Stay. So this week we get to go to the hospital every day from Monday to Friday. Each of Joe's injection spots have been tender for about a week...and the 2nd round caused his 1st round injection sites to flare up a bit. But he is feeling pretty much back to his normal self, so I think he'll handle this 3rd round with flying colors! Now that football season is here, Joe has plenty of distraction too. :) Keep up the prayers of course - Joe's smile is back, the sparkle in his eyes are back, and he is eating and sleeping better than ever now. But I know that there is a lot on his mind and in his heart. We are constantly praying for him and countless others who are being challenged. I must say, I'm very proud of my hubby!

Joe and I went to CrossRoads on Friday. It is our fellowship group at church. It is growing little by little, but the group is still small enough that we felt comfortable attending. Joe was all smiles! It was great for both of us to fellowship with our brothers and sisters.

This morning I went to church. Joe stayed home, because now that summer is over, church can officially be called a "crowd." And now that cold and flu season is beginning, Joe has been told to continue to stay away from large groups! It was wonderful to see everyone though. Always I feel so blessed that we are surrounded by such a loving network of people!

Be thinking about Sarah and Mike (and their families!) because they are getting married this next weekend!!!!!!! They are such a great couple, and I just know they are going to have a great marriage. I don't know Mike's family, but I know that Sarah has one of the coolest families, and she has pretty great maid of honor (sister) too!!!!! Enjoy this last week of being single, kids! But know that married life is quite sweet. I highly recommend it. :)

And I just have to say thank you to Gretchen because you are just so faithful in showing your support for us, and we feel your prayers! Thank you SO VERY MUCH, and know that we are praying so much for your family too!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the cutest ever! I can't even believe that you are thinking of Mike and I when you have so much going on. You both are truly an inspiration. It will truly be a blessing if my marriage is even a fraction as good as yours! You both are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you & Joe could pick up some normal threads of your life, while you are living the abnormal life of receiving chemo, getting blood levels, etc. And, Karen, I know you would change places with Joe in a heartbeat..how difficult to watch your loved one suffer. As Dave and I said on the way to Lancaster today...so many are praying...we hear of people every day...and God loves to give us the desires of our hearts...so let's get Livi and Joe healed. The sooner the beater. "Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, and pray constantly." Yup, we are doing all that...so now it is God's turn to bestow His gracious gaze our way. Let it be soon Lord. Love you two, Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Karen, Thank YOU for keeping us all informed on Joe's progess. You are a very strong woman! Joe is in our thoughts and prayers daily. Even when we don't write comments, we do read your updates. Hopefully we will visit soon.
Love from a Brown's & Steeler's fan too! Janet & Frank

Anonymous said...

Karen, thank you so much for thinking about my family when you have so much going on. As Sarah said, I also hope that her marriage is as strong and loving as yours and Joe's! You and Joe are definitely in my prayers!

Rachel

Anonymous said...

Of course we love you so very mcuh!! ;) - Osamu & Yi-Shan

Anonymous said...

I think if you are not having a daily blog, I am guessing that things are stressful. Not necessarily bad, but time consuming and exhausting. We are lifing you in prayer...God will show himself strong on our behalf. Not because of us, but because we are covered in the blood of Jesus, and He sees that! Praying, trusting and hoping. Gretchen