Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Round 3, Day 3.

Joe received his third day of chemo round three today. Usually, when he gets his chemo he is sore and tender for a little over a week, and he experiences nausea which affects his appetite. This time he still feels the soreness and tenderness, and some of the old injection sites have flared up a bit. The good news is that Joe is experiencing far less nausea, and his appetite is still great. Praise the Lord! We're still working on eating healthy...but at the same time, I secretly (or maybe not so secretly) want to "fatten" Joe up and get him as strong as possible before we need to seriously think about transplant time. So far, I feel like I'm still almost in a state of denial. Some days, Joe looks and acts just like he did when things were "normal" - and boy do I wish that they were! All in all though, I feel that we have embraced what is our life and have agreed that it sucks. But we have also agreed that we have learned and gained so much. So in many ways, it really has been a huge blessing. It just feels crazy and weird and awful to say that because it's my husband who is going through all the pain and not me. But it's true, I'd trade places with him in a heartbeat.

Joe's counts are still looking great. We are so very thankful for that. Woohooo!

The Philly drive is this coming Sunday. Joe and I are so excited about this drive and the prospect of many miracle matches being found! With the help of S & L Fellowship, and Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, and many friends that I've contacted, fliers and announcements are being posted all over Philadelphia. Thank you all SO very much for making this happen, for your prayers, support and participation!!!!! If you are in or around Philly, or know people who are, and you'd like to share a flier - contact me or Joe and we'll hook you up! Here's the info again...

Sunday, September 17, 2006
12:30pm-4:30pm
Chinese Christian Church
Vine St. Building
1101 Vine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 627.2360

Only two more days of chemo. :)

Thank you to Miss Joan for the super sweet card and passing on love from "my kids!" I miss all of you!!!!

Happy belated birthday to swing dancin' Anthony. Happy birthday to sweet paper crane Doreen. And happy early birthday to my pizza eating buddy Caryn!

Thank you to everyone for loving us still. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to hear Joe is tolerating the chemo so "well", well being a relative term in chermotherapy! Yes, we do accept this life, but is all a haze sometimes and I wait for them (the doctors) to say, wait we missed such and such, just take this medicine and all will be well. Perfectly normal in the face of leukemia. However, I also know that God is good, He can be no other way...and somehow He means all of this for our good. Do I understand it? NO WAY, but I pray for the grace, and He must be giving it, for how else could we say this sucks, big time, and yet we go on? I am trying to be thankful for the little things, I can still see, walk, etc., because the BIG thing is too hard. So now we know what "misery loves company" means: we can truly empathize with others in the same boat, and, oh, how I do! We continue to rejoice in hope...for we do have that...and pray for one another continually. So many are praying, how can God not respond?
Love, G. Allen

Anonymous said...

Still praying, still thinking of you. I know it is a tough week...hang in...we spoke to a friend of Asian descent...he is registering to be a donor. Emily told him about Joe. We all are waiting with you. GLA