Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Beautiful day!

Today was a beautiful day. Joe and I took a walk in the park. It was so nice to enjoy the fresh air, and the weather was just perfect.

Sunday, after church David came over to watch the game with Joe. Sheena also came over...we had a fun time being silly and acting like princesses. :) The outcome of the game was sad...but we did love the photos Kenny! Sunday was also the day of the drive in California! According to Karin, it went very well. Thank you again to Karin, her family, and her church for all of your help!!!!!!

Yesterday, Joe decided he was up for another half day of work. Once again, he got all dressed up and looked so handsome. It makes me nervous with so many colds going around, but I know that the department is taking good care of my Joe! Joe got his blood drawn, and his WBC went up slightly since last week. That was a good thing. His platelets dropped...but they are still within normal range. We're praying they stay where they need to be!

That's it. We're praying every day that Joe finds a miracle match. We're also praying for the upcoming drives in Oakland. It would be amazing if these drives were able to help people who are searching for a match! We are so thankful to everyone who has been jumping on board and helping us to spread the word about these drives and spread awareness as well. To everyone who is thinking about Joe all the time, praying and sending lots of virtual hugs, never forget how much it mean to both of us!

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perserverance. Perserverance much finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
~James 1:2-4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen, I just learned about this blog from my Mom (I grew up near Pittsburgh, and went to a high school in a district next to Joe's.) Please know we are thinking of you and Joe, and praying for you both. Hang in there. Your strength is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Karen: What a scripture reference...I don't think we can even attempt that in our own lives without God's help. And I know what you mean about the colds, I asked someone (under my breath) to "cough the other way" at work today! It is wonderful Joe is feeling so well, and his labs are "normalish"...whatever that may be for him! God bless you two...you are certainly blessing Him with your sincerity and meekness in the face of such an onslaught. GLA