Sunday, September 17, 2006

:)

I was able to attend church again this Sunday. It was great to be able to catch up with some people and bring back fun stories for Joe!!! Besides being sore, Joe is feeling great. Praise the Lord! In the evening we were both able to join Joe's parents for dinner. That was a fun treat.

Today was the day of the bone marrow drive in Philly. I'll post more about it as soon as I hear! Thank you to everyone who played a role in making it a success. :)

And now it's time for those in the LA area to get ready!!!!!!

September 24
12pm-3:00pm
Evangelical Formosen Church East Valley
20625 La Puente Rd
Walnut, CA 91789

As always, SPREAD THE WORD, SPREAD THE WORD, SPREAD THE WORD!!!!! I also heard from Karin that A3M hosted a succesful drive at a sister church recently - Evangelical Formosan Church Irvine. YAY!

I know so many people are praying for us each day, because we can feel it. Really we can. Thank you. Along this whole journey we have felt so very blessed. It's our prayer that others facing challenges of any kind are finding blessings as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Steelers! Karen, I told your Mom today that you could have seen Bettis in Indiana last week (making a commercial for a bank) and had more face time. Oh, the price we pay for fame. I am THRILLED that Joe did so well on round 3...God is good. Now to find the perfect donor...which I hope will be sooner than even you guys expect. Much love, Gretchen

Anonymous said...

hey karen, it's been a long time. i was shocked to hear about joe's illness. the donor drive at ccc&c registered 20 and turned away a few who wanted to register but didn't qualify for various reasons. was told there are two more drives happening in philly in the coming month...sept 23 (not sure about location) and oct 20 (drexel.) hoping these drives register even more. praying for you two.