Joseph Lin (July 3, 1974-September 7, 2007)
Friends and relatives will be received at
JOBE FUNERAL HOME
Corner of Beatty Road and Route 48 North
Monroeville, PA 15146
Phone: (412) 856-4747
http://jobefuneralhome.com/
Friday, September 14, 2007 from
2-4pm and 7-9pm
Funeral Service will be held at
Pittsburgh Chinese Church - Perry Location
8711 Old Perry Hwy.
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
Phone: (412)366-9770
http://www.pghchinesechurch.org/en/pcc_locate.htm
Saturday, September 15, 2007 at
10:30am
Lunch will be provided immediately after the service in the church social hall.
~~~~~
Memorial contributions maybe made to the
Cammy Lee Leukemia Foundation
16 West 32 St., Suite 10D
New York, NY 10001-3808
or
Pittsburgh Chinese Church
8711 Old Perry Hwy.
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
or
any of the other charities listed in our links. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
31 comments:
Karen,
Thanks for sharing this information. I'm still praying and we are all behind you...
God Bless You.
Karen, I've never met you or Joe but I was putting a few bits and pieces together and had a question. I am from Indiana, PA but live near Murrysville, PA now. I graduated from IUP and had a professor in "World Religions" named Dr. Lin. I also remember Dr. Victor Lan from Indiana. Are these your and Joe's parents? I will have to e-mail you and tell you an interesting story about Dr. Lin (if you're related) while I had him at IUP. It was a very good story and, not being a strong Christian at the time, I often wondered if he was a Christian because of things said in the class. He was one of my favorite professors and I really liked the class. Anyway, I've gone on too much. Know that you are in my prayers and will be this week as you prepare for Joe's funeral. God bless you and Joe's family abundantly!! ~A dedicated prayer partner
i will see you friday and saturday, little blue bird. you will continue to be in my thoughts until then and long thereafter.
much, much love,
lisabe
To everything there is a season,
a time for every purpose under the sun.
A time to be born and a time to die;
a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
a time to kill and a time to heal ...
a time to weep and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn and a time to dance ...
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to lose and a time to seek;
a time to rend and a time to sew;
a time to keep silent and a time to speak;
a time to love and a time to hate;
a time for war and a time for peace.
ecclesiastes 3:1-8
I love you and am praying for you and your families.
Joe sure made that Steeler win a beautiful one. If I closed my eyes hard enough, I swear the clouds were black & gold today.
XO
Dear Karen:
You have been an inspiration to Bill and I as we have kept in touch with Joe's illness. We love you and will keep praying for you especially this week and be assured of our love and prayers for you in the days ahead.
Love, Mr. and Mrs. Russell
Thank you for posting this, Karen. I don't know if you've thought of this or not, but several people are interested in doing a donation of some kind. Will there be a specific cause or charity to donate to in Joe's name?
So many prayers are with you, Joe and your families.
Sara/Labattsmom
Karen - you and Joe have been in my thoughts every day since we heard about his illness. And you will continue to be. Joe has left a pretty amazing footprint here in this little world of ours.
To a dedicated prayer partner,
Dr. Victor Lan is Karen's father and is a physician also is a good friend to Professor Lin whom has retired since. Lin is an extremely popular last name in Taiwan. Late Dr.Joseph Lin and his father are physicians not related to Professor Lin. Thanks for your concern and prayer. You please e-mail the interesting story to Karen anyway hopefully to cheer her up some.
Karen's dad
Karen,
I'm so very sorry for your loss. Your truly an inspiration and Joe was very lucky to have you by his side until the end. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Denine Maglicco (MrsD9)
Dear Karen,
I really hope I can attend the funeral, but I'll departure to NZ in 5 hours.
I miss Joe, he's kind and always with a big smile. I still remember our dinner in Cheese Factory. I'll put you and all your family in my prayer.
Love and Miss you,
Peichen
Dear Karen,
Very very sorry to hear the news.
But like you said he really is in a better place...
God bless you and your family..
The Selvaraj Family
Dearest little sister Karen...
My heart aches for you.
I can imagine what you are going through, and I want you to know that I am here for you.
If it can bring you any comfort, please know that John was alongside the Lord and a host of angels in welcoming Joe home.
Our dear husbands are feasting at the table of the Lord in Heaven.
They have no pain, they can breathe, they can walk and they can run...and they are now looking after their loved ones here on Earth.
You will feel Joe's presence and his beautiful spirit.
How blessed you and Joe were to have found one another and to have had a very, very special love.
You and your family and Joe's family are in my thoughts and my every prayer.
And you know, the Lord is building a very special team for His return, and He needed some very special people...and Joe and John were called.
God bless you honey.
Love,
Carole Peticca Pollen
I have never met you, but I feel like I've known you for years and in a way I have. I remember that we had our wedding receptions at the same place and we used to go back and forth about details. I have been following Joe's progress on The Nest and I pray for him every day. I recently lost my mother-in-law after a long and brave fight and it has been a comfort for me to know that she is now at peace, just like Joe is now at peace. No more needles and tests and waiting for results, just peace.
I pray for you because I don't know any words to express the sorrow that I feel for you and your family.
Karen Raabe (karenmay2003)
Dear Karen,
Joe, Gabe, and I have you in our prayers and thoughts. It turns out that my husband's brother-in-law, Eric Harvey went to school with Joe in Monroeville and was deeply sadden after hearing the news of Joe's passing. He said Joe was an amazing guy and was one of those people who was friends with everyone. We will see you this weekend. If there is anything you need please let us know.
Jen, Joe, Gabe
Dear Karen and both families --
My mom told me Saturday morning. I talked to Albert a little bit after that and asked him to pass on my love to all of you. I won't be able to make it back this weekend, but please let me know if there is anything I can do from afar to help.
My priest added Joe to our prayers for the departed on Sunday morning after I sent up a last-minute post-it note to him.
I send more hugs to all of you and much love and prayers.
--LeeAnn
Dear Karen, the Lins and the Lans,
Again I give you music when words fail me,
This song is by Avalon and Karen your last post really reminded me of it as it is a favorite.
Where Joy And Sorrow Meet
There’s a place of quiet stillness ‘tween the light and shadows reach
Where the hurting and the hopeless seek everlasting peace
Words of men and songs of angels whisper comfort bittersweet
Mending grief and life eternal where joy and sorrow meet
(Chorus)
There is a place where hope remains
In crowns of thorns and crimson stains
And tears that fall on Jesus’ feet
Where joy and sorrow meet
There’s a place the lost surrender and the weary will retreat
Full of grace and mercy tender in times of unbelief
For wounded there is healing, strength is given to the weak
Broken hearts find love redeeming where joy and sorrow meet
There’s a place of thirst and hunger where the roots of faith grow deep
And there is rain and rolling thunder when the road is rough and steep
There is hope in desperation there is victory in defeat
At the cross of restoration where joy and sorrow meet
May God continue to hold you close.
I hope to see you this weekend, and would you believe Joe is getting a devoted Eagles fan to give heartfelt cheers for those Steelers-Wow
Love ya
Prayerfully
Caryn
Karen,
Unfortunately we will not be able to attend this week-end's services, but you will all continue to be in our prayers. We will truly miss Joe - he is an inspiration to us all.
Love,
Brian and Monica
Karen,
Jen sent me your blog URL this morning. I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear this news. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Wishing you strength,
Kevin (McCarty)
We are very upset over the loss of Joe. He was part of our family.
Janet and Frank
Looking forward when we can have a Tom and Jurica small group reunion upstairs one day. :) We'll be praying for you at CCC&C Philly.
Any hotel tips for out of town guests,
Thanks
God bless
Dear God Bless,
For out of town guests' hotel tips, I doubt Karen is capable to guide you under this difficult time. My idea is to find one in Monroeville east of downtown around route 22 and route 48 as I did for Friday. It is a minute drive north on 48 to the Funeral home and is an hour drive from the airport. It is a good 50 minutes drive via Turnpike north to the church on Saturday.
For Saturday's service,the church is in the north side of downtown Pittsburgh in McCandless township between highland and foxridge. It is also 55 minutes from airport on Perry highway(route 19 N). It is not easy to find the place so better start earlier. I got lost couple of times. You better have a map and find a hotel nearby. I hope I am helping.
The church in the north is not THAT hard to find as long as you remember the big landmarks! It is practically on Route 19 though it is hidden behind a Sheetz gas station. So big landmarks: water tower (to the north), Sheetz Gas Station (right infront of), and Willis Tennis store (to the south). If you are coming from downtown, you are better off takeing more of the local streets: get off at Exit 12 (Mcknight) from I-279, go about 3+ miles, pass Ross park mall, pass Borders (on your left), the next light which is Perrymount, make a left. Right at Perry Hwy (a.k.a Route 19) First light (at Sheetz) make a left. As the road curves, you will see the church (a school like building).
Hope that helps.
Thanks for all the help. It truly is wonderful to find support here for everyone. Here is what I managed to take care of for my hotel arrangements in case it is helpful for anyone else. After some research, I determined that the hotels listed on the funeral home website would not work. The Hampton Inn phone number did not work plus on line it was listed as no rooms available. The Marriott people said they did not have a bereavement fare but did not matter because they were sold out.
After checking out to find a good price on line I put a $60 bid on 2 1/2 star hotel on priceline for Monroeville area because the 3 star hotel had very mixed reviews. Ended up they accepted the $60 and gave me 3 star hotel Holiday Inn Parkway East. Lot of mixed reviews, but just to sleep in should be fine! (location seems good too) I learned a lot in this search and if this info does not make too much sense please leave your question or contact information in a post and I will get in touch with you and I am happy to help out in anyway I can. Hope this helps
God bless
Caryn
Caryn,
Very nice to see you are helping. My wife Mei bit the same hotel a day earlier for $49.
Dear Mei's husband
Thanks, I forgot to mention that, I got nervous and bid high so it is good to have that info that may want to try to get it for less money. Also nice to know others will be there:)
God bless
Caryn
There is a Holiday Inn Express in Delmont, PA just 11 miles east of Monroeville. It's a new hotel, very clean and has a continental breakfast room served daily. It is straight on Route 22 East(from Monroeville) and there are no turns! Also, it is easy to get to the Chinese Church from Monroeville because you can catch the turnpike (Ohio and West) right in Monroeville which will take you to the exit to Route 19 in the north hills....an easy drive.
Because I'm still feeling at a loss at to what to do/say...
Excerpted from:
Casting Crowns
"Love Them Like Jesus"
The love of her life is drifting away
They're losing the fight for another day
The life that she's known is falling apart...
You're holding her hand, you're straining for words
You trying to make - sense of it all
She's desperate for hope, darkness clouding her view
She's looking to you
Just love her like Jesus, carry her to Him
His yoke is easy, His burden is light
You don't need the answers to all of life's questions
Just know that He loves her and stay by her side
Love her like Jesus
Love her like Jesus...
Lord of all creation holds our lives in His hands
The God of all the nations holds our lives in His hands
The Rock of our salvation holds our lives in His hands
He cares for them just as He cares for you
So love them like Jesus, love them like Jesus
You don't need the answers to all of life's questions
Just know that He loves them and stay by their side
Love them like Jesus
Love them like Jesus
Prayerfully,
Caryn
Thank you for all of the help! I also got the 3 star hotel Holiday Inn Parkway East for 49. In the beginning I used my husband's credit card and bit 3 star for 40, but didn't get accepted. They asked me to higher the price at least by 12 dollors in order to bid again immediately by the same criteria. So I got scared (as the date is getting really close, and worried can't find a room) and tried to bid 3 star again for 49 as my auntie did, using my credit card. And I got it! :) Thanks!
Yi-Shan
Karen,
I'm saddened by the news; you have my condolences.
Oliver
Post a Comment