I have recently been informed that marrowtrek.org has received its first generous contribution from an Anonymous donor I will refer to only as W.H. Gates (HIPAA regulations prohibit me from revealing full names) in the amount of one hundred million dollars! This unexpected windfall dwarfs our measly goal. Since we at marrowtrek.org are now unbelievably rich beyond our wildest dreams, we are immediately closing the website. So everything I posted previously, disregard.
Haha! Of course, that whole preceding paragraph was completely fabricated (e.g. LIES). Just wanted to show you what we might achieve collectively with a little elbow grease / ga you / chutzpah. If only life were as easy as above. Do you think Pittsburgh's David L. Lawrence Convention Center was built in a day?! (Apparently the answer to that is "yes"). marrowtrek.org operators (i.e. internet trolls) are eagerly standing by for your generous donations. You say that you don't have one hundred million dollars to spare? Well, we'll gladly take one hundred million pennies.
Now, I went to Stanford and have a medical degree from another prestigious university, so math isn't exactly my strong suit. But let's just suppose that you decide to make a sorta generous donation of $3 per mile of trek. Assuming Jim and Jesse accomplish their trek, your total pledge is less than $10,000! If you think about it, that's mere pennies a day for the next 50 years or so: you can share this gift of giving with your grandchildren and probably your grandchildren's grandchildren. I know that it's quite difficult to part with hard earned moulah. Take me for instance. Do you think it's easy sitting around all day collecting disability checks?! Heck no! (I'll let you in on a little secret to being rich like me- I am easily a thousand-aire. All you have to do is contract a life-threatening bone marrow cancer and undergo intense chemo treatments followed by a bone marrow transplant and the inherent 6-12 months of follow up and lifetime check-ups. Piece of cake!) Getting back to the topic at hand, enter the beauty of second mortgages and home equity lines of credit! Free money! No really, I'm not saying you have to or even should bankrupt yourself to contribute to this cause but maybe the kids could go without that 10th Wii-Box-PS5 gaming console brought to you by the MicroSonyTendo conglomerate. I say, let's you and I bring back a wooden toys movement. Better yet, homemade wooden toys.
Incidentally, if W.H. Gates or perhaps M. Jordan or O. Winfrey happen upon this blog and are really bored cleaning the trophy case with $1000 bills or lining their rare Sumatran white-tailed endangered hamster cages with Benjamins, please pinch us off a little sump'n sump'n. I'm sure y'all have a couple mil stuck in the lint trap of your dryers.
Okay... as you can see steroids is good stuff! Seriously, please check out marrowtrek.org. There's not much to the website right now, but since it's early, we are trying to get the word out about this. My people are in contact with people who might know Katie Couric and Stone Phillips as of this writing. In my last blog entry, I so casually slipped in that Jim and Jesse are trekking 3,100 miles over four months. If you really stop to think about this, that's 3,100 freakin' miles over four months! They did this sorta thing once, which makes them manly men. But to do it again takes some degree of brain damage. So if my urgings don't make you feel compelled to contribute, do it for these two poor souls... Man, if I can just get every one of my friends and acquaintances to contribute a grand total of just a single dollar, our project wouldn't even get off the ground since I've counted about 5 friends, and that's including Karen. But you, you can really make a difference.
Alright, I promise not to bombard you too much about the Marrow Trek (at least, not until it gets closer to "go" time). A little update on me... the hemorrhagic cystitis issue is improving, meaning I run around the house pantsless only about once an hour instead of two or three. The skin rash I've had from graft-versus-host disease has gotten a little worse as they have been decreasing my immunosuppression in the name of more effectively treating the CMV. Bloodwork for CMV was drawn again today and I should know the results by tomorrow. We're all praying really hard that it's finally going to be negative. Otherwise, I'll have to switch to a different IV drug which has to be monitored even more carefully.
That's it.
Joe
Monday, March 05, 2007
Hallelujah! Generous contribution!
Labels:
Blood draw,
CMV,
GVHD,
hemorrhagic cystitis,
Joe,
marrow trek,
steroids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
PRAYING FOR YOU---
EACH DAY !
P M
Post a Comment