Joe now has three birthdays. The day he entered the world. The day of his transplant. And the day he was baptized. Today marks two years since Joe was baptized on a beautiful Easter morning! It is evident that God has used Joe in a very remarkable way to touch the hearts and lives of so many, and I know that the Lord will continue to do so.
After a relaxing weekend, we returned to the hospital yesterday. The major highlight of the day was that Joe had his line pulled. It had been in for 11 weeks, and Joe was all too happy to have it pulled. This does mean that he'll have to go back to being a human pin cushion. We are hoping he won't need much more than blood draws though, and Joe can handle that - easy. Joe is currently enjoying the absolute bliss of taking a shower without having a ziplock bag or 'Press and Seal' and tons of tape protecting his line and making it difficult to move his neck. Now he gets to wear fun little bandages over the spot where his line was. I never buy regular bandages, so Joe always has to put up with various super heroes and cartoon characters. The nurses get a kick out of Joe's different bandages, which makes me happy!
We had today off, and we'll have Thursday off too. Hurray! Any day away from the hospital is a happy day. We were able to get a lot of things done today, so that was nice. Back to the hospital tomorrow. We'll find out then whether Joe's Monday draw was CMV negative or not. Let's pray for continued negative results and higher blood counts. Come on, get to it! :)
As you know, we consider blessed those who have perservered. You have heard of Job's perserverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.
~James 5:11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I send greetings to you .. and pray that each new day brings more happy blessings...Smiles and thoughts from Indiana PA.
PM
Soooo good to see the blog. Another step toward normal, however, I am not too sure about the human pincushion thing. Karen, if you learn to do that,could you just skip the hospital visit. Praying for negative CMV, and positive blood counts, and you two extremely positive people. I miss the daily updates from your folks...I know they are getting along too well without me. GL
P.S. In fact, I work with the best folks in Indiana...and miss them terribly too. Ah well, they will have to blame the office snafus on someone else...though I am sure they are still discovering some from before my sabbatical!
Post a Comment