Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Very encouraging news

Hey there,

I think I'm breaking my own record here with the blogging. Now with this weather we're having, nobody can go out! Ha! Welcome to my world! Might as well enjoy my ramblings, right?!

I feel like I have to make a MAJOR DISCLAIMER here. It appears that there is mass confusion about Karen and I actually being in Fiji at the moment. I guess I had a lot of people going on that one. If only life were that simple. To make things clear, we are NOT vacationing on an island. On the contrary, I am firmly planted in Allison Park, so much so that roots are actually sprouting forth from my feet. If it were not for my bi-weekly visits with my parole officers (aka BMT doctors and nurses), I am going nowhere any time soon. But, this of course does not prohibit me from traveling anywhere I want (in my HEAD), like say the surface of the Sun or Narnia.

Today marks another BMT office visit and more encouraging news. My prednisone is getting further tapered since I am not having very much skin symptoms anymore. And results so far from the bone marrow biopsy have been quite promising... there are no detectable blast cells in the flow cytometry and the actual biopsy info so far looks "normal". There are still more tests to be completed on those samples, so I should have more information later in the week.

I have felt better these last few days than I have in a while. I now have very little physical pain (of course, this is not inclusive of the psychological and moral anguish... I've got Edgar Snyder on speed dial... the touch of a button I tell you...) Just kidding, please do not leak any info to Monsieur Snyder as he would probably be knocking on my door even through sub-zero blizzard conditions. In all seriousness, I am getting great care and TLC by all. The steroids have been making me a little wired, so God bless Karen, who has been putting up with me "re-organizing" the house. It's really more like relocating bunches of junk from upstairs to downstairs and vice versa.

Well, that's it for now. I'll keep you posted on what life is like from outer space.

God's love,
Joe

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you two are wierd.
Sha

Anonymous said...

but in a good way :-)

Anonymous said...

OK, I am still LOL. (Easily entertained, I guess!). Obviously the people who actually thought you were in Figi must not have fared well on their reading comprehension tests, huh? Why is isolation, aka house arrest, so much harder when it is not our choice? Because we are such fickle people. (Hence, we need a Savior!) Catch up on the TV...that will take about 1/2hour. Thank goodness Al Gore invented the internet! GLA

Anonymous said...

Me, Taiwan man. English no good. I no understand you. you say no go Fiji. you go Alison Park. your home. you grow root. you angry. you call lawyer Swindler. you sue Fiji. You brave. you brave. Lawyer Swindler all in TV. he no shave, he finger to me, he stare me. I very very afraid. You say your bone good. I very very happy. Thank you thank you.

a-qeng

Anonymous said...

I have to say, today's blog (and comments) made me laugh. Joe, I think the steriods have gotten the best of you. --VTH