Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Oh dear...

After thinking for a bit, I fear that I may be the reason that Joe is in the hospital. Just last week, I mentioned that I was craving a Pittsburgh Grilled Chicken Salad from the hospital Friendship Cafe. Of course, I didn't know when I'd get one, since Joe and I have been eating lunch at home - even on hospital days. Alas, yesterday, I was able to get my salad. But I didn't want it to be because Joe was admitted back to the hospital! So is this indirectly my fault? Nah.....

Joe continues to be doing well. Tests for CMV are drawn every Monday and Thursday. So tomorrow Joe will be tested again. The doctor said that he anticipates that the results will still be positive - although if it is negative, the doctor will celebrate with Joe! The doctor is also quite confident that by Monday, the test will be negative. Both CMV, and the Ganciclovir used to treat it cause neutropenia, so Joe's counts have been dipping. Treating Joe is really an art blended with science. Everything needs to be balanced. When the doctor was explaining things, it was like reading a "Choose Your Own Adventure" book. If "this" goes down to "this" than we'll need to do "this." But if "this" happens, we do "this." I'm just glad that the doctors are experienced and confident. Not to mention that ultimately, God is in control. *whew*

In other news, the shower in Joe's room was only spraying freezing cold water this afternoon, but it was quickly fixed. Yay! Joe's appetite has been great. So great that the hospital food actually seems appetizing. And, Mint Mojito is a pretty fun flavor of Orbit gum!

Since it has been requested, here is the link if you'd like to send cards to Joe while he is incarcerated...
WPAHS E-Card
He is back at West Penn Hospital, and for now he is in N-612.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE choose your own adventure books! Joe should be reading some of those! What fun! ~Shelley