Sunday, February 18, 2007

Random

It seems that everyone wants to be like Joe. Apparently, even Britney has gotten the "I-wanna-be-like-Joe" bug. Either that or she has decided to become an avid supporter of AAMDS. Then again, maybe she is just being Britney. I think that as long as Joe doesn't try to be like Britney and get "something dainty" like a tattoo of "cute little lips on [his] wrist" everything will be okay.

---

We had some more visitors yesterday. Ray is a new friend that we met...yesterday! Ed is the guy who helped to revamp the fliers used for the bone marrow drives held in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. We actually met him for the first time yesterday as well. Jurica was one of our small group leaders back in Philadelphia. She was totally awesome. Ed spoke at PCC-Oakland this morning, and Ray and Jurica tagged along to be supportive. We had a great time chatting with them yesterday and catching up on things as well as learning new things. Good times!

---

Actually, this Friday there will be another CLLF sponsored minority based bone marrow drive at CMU. Once again, the Lambdas will be hosting. There will also be another bone marrow drive coming up in the next month or two at Pitt. APAMSA will be working with CLLF.

---

Our dear friend Lisa recently brought a relevant article to my attention.

Tuskegee's ghosts: Fear hinders black marrow donation

---
Happy Chinese New Year everyone!
Thank you Julia for making Joe some homemade chicken soup. Yum!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An effective lecture, I make sure I don't go more than eight lines in one slide. Also I definitely use dark background with bright letters to avoid visual fatigue. Or I hear zzzz.. before I finish my talk. I love your old blog with the very peaceful Dark green background better. This is my personal opinion. Please do not change just for me.
Continue to enjoy your good news.
V.