
Traveling is really exausting. Especially when you are going from Fiji to Narnia to Outer Space in a matter of days. Fortunately, I have a very wonderful and loving husband who is on steroids. So while he has been merrily blogging away extremely silly things, I've been granted the opportunity to bask in the sun, get pampered at the spa, and gorge myself on turkish delight and astronaut ice cream. (Hey, Joe isn't the only one with a vivid imagination! Or to be more clear, all of the above, with the exception of the wonderful and loving husband on steroids part, is just in my head.)
Joe has been making me laugh and making me crazy all at once. He has really been loopy this week, as you can see from his blogs. It has been so entertaining, I'd allow him to completely take over the blog if he wanted! Then there is the behind the scenes stuff. He hinted at it in his last entry. Joe has gotten major re-organization fever. We knew it would happen once the steroids started. We didn't know it would take a few days for the craziness to begin! As soon as I leave a room, to shovel massive amounts of snow (bundle up, stay warm, and drive safely everyone!), or get groceries, or brush my teeth, Joe gets busy. And he doesn't stop. Nothing is safe. Just when I tell him that something looks great, I turn around to find that it has moved again. It is a good thing that Joe has a good eye, or I'd really have a headache!
Right after Joe's transplant, he would sleep at least 16 hours a day. Now he is like Mr. Busy Beaver meets the Energizer Bunny. He keeps going, and going, and going... Before, even before the transplant business, when Joe would go to bed, he would fall asleep instantly. Now, he gets all chatty and tells me long epic stories until I fall asleep. I am not sure what will happen when the steroids are tapered to nothing and the effects wear off. I imagine the house will be more peaceful. :)
Well, I am extremely grateful this Happy Hearts Day to have such an amazing husband. It is truly incredible that after all he has been through and continues to experience he is still able to remain positive and make others laugh! He is quite a guy. And let it be known that he is all MINE! Woohoooo!
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Even if you believe that today is an overhyped, sappy, squishy day used by Hallmark and flower companies to earn massive amounts of money - at the very least make it an excuse to let your family and friends know you love them. I mean, even if you let them know every single day, it doesn't hurt to tell them one more time. It's more fun than boycotting a day to celebrate love, right?
And speaking of Valentine's Day. A very happy birthday to two Valentine's Day babies!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday Albert! You are a super little brother!
Happy Birthday, beautiful cousin Pei-chen!!!! You have been so sweet and wonderful.

4 comments:
Karen,
Can I borrow a few steroid pills from Joe for my husband-the couch potato. He has promised to fix my faucet since last summer, the pool since 2003, the garage 2001. The lists are on and on. I envy you.
ML
Karen,
As your lovely comments on Valentine,s Day go, you might be interested to see your good missionary friend Katrina Laude's letter in today's Indiana Gazette.
.....Valentine's Day was not invented by a greeting card company. Rather, it was a day celebrated by Catholics as a feast for St. Valentine, a martyred saint of ancient Rome who acquired money for the dowries of the young girls who otherwise could not get married......
Have you seen Katrina lately
Love Joe and you
Dad
DEAR KAREN AND JOE
You don't know me however I live in Indiana and I spoke with Dr. David Allen today he told me about your blog.
I will keep both of you in my prayers....
GOD BLESS YOU !
Phyllis Miller
Post a Comment