Go COLTS!!!!!! I'm so happy for the team. And I'm so happy I wasn't out in that rain. :) Joe and I had a nice quiet Super Bowl Sunday, perched on our big red couch, in front of our big television. Next year, we should be back to partying!
Joe is still doing well, despite still being itchy. The steroids definitely do help. But the steroids also make Joe loopy! Before the steroids, Joe was sleeping at least 16 hours a day. The transplant, drugs, and aftermath of the chemo really made him tired. But now that Joe is taking some steroids, he is finding himself awake until four in the morning! He does sleep well once he is able to fall asleep. His schedule is just a little out of whack. Hopefully, he won't need to be on the steroids for very long. We shall see.
Tomorrow we'll be going back to see the doctor. Thursday will make Day 30 of the transplant process. Joe should be getting a bone marrow biopsy then to see where he is in terms of engrafting. Speaking of bone marrow biopsy, I gained newfound respect for Joe's strength and pain tolerance. While at the doctor's on Friday, we were apparently next door to a young gentleman getting a bone marrow biopsy. He was screaming in pain, and it just broke my heart. This week will be Joe's 5th bone marrow biopsy. I can not even imagine. Joe did admit that in his experience as a doctor, women are the strongest. (I know you women aren't surprised!) Young, big, burly men apparently turn into big babies when encountering the least bit of pain. All I know is that I'm really glad that Joe doesn't scream in agony during his biopsies, I wouldn't be able to handle it! He's tough.
Friday was a very special day! Our dear friends Van & Rune are now the proud parents of their second child - a baby boy!!!!!!!! Congratulations!
Monday is a very special day. My beautiful and sweet 3rd Auntie will be celebrating the anniversary of her birth! She has been so amazing in loving us and supporting us, even though she has yet to meet Joe.
Our dear friend Jomei is also celebrating her birthday on Monday!!!!! Yay!
Happy Birthday ladies. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, I have to second the thought that women are stronger than men! After all, you don't see men going through labor and delivery. Keep strong, you two. I wish you hadn't had to go out in the cold today! GLA
Post a Comment