All is still well on the 7th floor. Joe is still smiling. He is experiencing headaches due to the lumbar puncture, but they go away when he is lying down. At times he experiences some nausea. Last night, he discovered that he doesn't have too much tolerance for meat anymore. Then this morning he discovered that bacon is still okay! In Joe's words, "if this is the worst of it, I'm good to go!" So we're praying that all continues to go smoothly. Three more rounds of chemo. Joe is excited for the weekend because he'll have football to distract him!
I'm not sure if I've mentioned this already, but in case I haven't Joe is not allowed to receive any plants or flowers while he is in the hospital. This rule will likely apply for awhile after he is discharged as well. Save your money and send him virtual hugs instead!!!!!!
Thank you so much to Auntie and Uncle Liang for the encouraging books. You are so sweet.
Thank you so much to Thomas, Evonne, and Leah for such a touching and meaningful gift, and sharing a bit of you with us.
Happy belated birthday to Simon!
Friday, January 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Joe and Karen,
You two have such a wonderful sense of humor in the midst of trying times. Our pray is that you keep your strength and positive attitude.
Enjoy the bacon!
Jim
Post a Comment