
Yes, it's true. I turned thirty on Saturday. It actually wasn't so bad. :) I'm a very spoiled girl. Joe, being the wonderful husband that he is, spoiled me as usual. It's not like he didn't have other things he could be worrying about (as you all know). Knowing that he married a person who is absolutely a kid at heart and has a passion for (not to be confused with a talent for...) all things artsy and crafty my husband got me a craft table on Friday. It sounds silly, but I love it so much.
On Saturday morning, he managed to surprise me with a box of paints, colored pencils, and oil pastels. Where they came from, I have no idea. I do know I'll be having a lot of fun!
All day Saturday I was greeted with cards and phone calls and birthday wishes. It was so sweet, and made me feel quite loved. I really am spoiled.
In the afternoon, Joe's best friends Mike and Jay came to visit. It was really great to see them again! We all went and had dinner with Joe's parents. Joe's parents brought a yummy cheesecake for dessert! Then the boys and I headed home and it seemed the day was winding down. The guys watched some t.v., and I waited for Sheena who said she was going to be dropping something off for me. Sheena stops by and informs me that we're going to have a girls night and hang out. So off I go. We decide to go get coffee, and Sheena whisks me off to a Starbucks that is a million miles away. Really. Then Sheena gets the bright idea to visit some guys from church, just to say "hi!" Okay, off we go...only to show up and realize that it was a big surprise party!!!!!! Even Joe, Mike and Jay were there - which is why Sheena had to find a coffee shop a million miles away. The sweetest part of all, was that Sheena was one of the main party organizers - and yet she was surprised too!!!!! Sheena is an October baby as well, so the party was for both of us. WOOHOOOOOO!
I received a total of four cookbooks. This either means that people secretly think I don't know how to cook, or I'm expected to host a lot of dinner parties! Either way, I'm really excited, because I LOVE cookbooks!
Yet again, I was spoiled at the party with love and gifts and cake! The one who stole the party though was host Patrick's mascot, Mr. Beaver. Quite a party animal. Quite a cutie. Quite a photographer.
On Sunday, Joe hung out with the boys. They played some golf and watched the Steelers WIN!!!!!!! GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!! I was able to hang out with Sheena for awhile. Always a fun time!
By today, Joe and I were BEAT! It's been awhile since we've had such excitment. Fun excitement too! This evening was very nice. Jennifer, Joe, and Gabe had us over for dinner and we had so much fun. Jennifer made the best ribs in Pittsburgh. So yummy. Jen's Joe was making us laugh with all of his stories. And Gabe is the most well behaved almost-one-year-old. What a super cute and friendly kid! Good times.
My Joe is still doing well. He was so excited to see Mike and Jay this past weekend. Actually, this past weekend, we were supposed to be in California at Joe's 10 year Stanford Reunion. Our plans changed after Joe's diagnosis and the start of chemo and such. Being able to see his buddies from elementary school definitely made up for missing the reunion. Plus, Joe heard from Jim, Yang, and By who were at the Stanford reunion.
Lots of thanks. Thank you to my awesome cousins, Lilly, Sandy, Osamu, I-ju, David, Li-Ming, and Pei-chen...my "big" auntie and uncle, 2nd auntie and uncle, 3rd auntie and uncle, brother Victor, Indiana parents, and Monroeville parents...Pastor Jim, Kathy, Angela, Rachel, Katrina, Jessica, Jeremy, Colm, Lauren, Caryn, Joanna, Gretchen, Jocelyn, Nancy, Evan, and Cousin Van for showering me with love.
Thank you to Sheena, Jomei, Sha, Marcus, Mammen, Patrick, Tim, Eric, and the rest of the CrossRoads gang for the party and for spoiling me! I can't believe how many of you showed up!
Thank you to Mike and Jay for going out of your way to come visit us. It was so great to see you guys!
Thank you to Jim, Yang, and By for taking the time to think of Joe and contact him while you were at the reunion!
Thank you to Jennifer, Joe, and Gabe for a great dinner, great entertainment, and great conversation.
Thanks to Kenny for sharing those awesome photos!!!!!

Thank you to everyone for your continued prayers. We truly do feel them and appreciate them. It is always such a blessing, and so amazing to me, to hear that people are still praying and still fighting with us. Praise God for your love and faith.
For you created my innermost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
~Psalm 139:13-14
3 comments:
Happy belated birthday Karen!! 30 rocks! Take it from some one who was there a few years ago... your weekend sounds like it was great! Sending you both lots of hugs!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN! I'm glad you got out and had some fun! ~Shelley
Dear Karen & Joe,
Happy Big "3-0" to you Karen!:-) I'm glad to have read that you had a splendid time with all your friends on your birthday. It's cool to see Patrick's stuffed pet on the blog. I miss tossing that thing around his house and hitting people with it. I'm very encouraged to hear that Joe is doing well these days. Just to let you know guys, my church will be hosting a Bone Morrow Drive down here in Raleigh on November 26th. Maria Valonzo from the Cammy Lee Foundation will be coming down that weekend. I'll keep you inform on how everything is going with the drive. I'll continue to keep you folks in my prayers. Take care now. God bless- Eddie
Post a Comment