Monday, October 02, 2006

I love Joe. :)

Okay, so last year Joe and I celebrated our 6 month wedding anniversary. We figured we were newlyweds, so it was allowed. I decided that after the first year, it would no longer be necessary to celebrate half year anniversaries. Seems a little silly (although, who doesn't love an excuse to celebrate?) However, Joe and I have been through so very much in the last 6 months, I've made the executive decision that we are allowed to acknowledge yet another 6 month anniversary. (And what a great day it was!!!!!!!! see super long post below for proof.)

So let me just say, that I love you dear Joseph!!!!! A year and six months ago, I offered you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promised to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live.

In recent months, I've come to realize the meaning of those words more than ever. And guess what? I have no regrets!!!! I am so proud of you. You are strong, patient, loving, and faithful. I'm so very blessed to be married to you. Thank you for loving me so much and accepting me just as I am - silly, klutzy, and with lots to learn! I will love you forever whether you like it or not, and that's a promise. I praise God for you every single day.

[We] can do everything through him who gives [us] strength. ~Philippians 4:13

Love,
Karen

(p.s. to our parents. thank you for knowing better than us and setting us up even though i was being extremely stubborn and resistant.
p.p.s. to any single taiwanese kids out there with crazy parents who like to set you up with all kinds of weirdos. keep an open mind, because sometimes parents can be smarter than we think and actually do a good job. (boy is that hard to admit!) ) Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww that's really sweet karen. :-) um, i think you and joe were like the rare product of parents being matchmakers. let's not encourage them anymore than need be. ;-) -jennylin