We didn't get a call today stating that Joe's perfect match was found. We haven't lost hope either. There is always next week!Today Joe had the last of his injections for round 4. YAY!!!!! I know he is way happy about being done for a few weeks. Me too! The results of Joe's blood draw showed a little dip in his WBC, so they are back to "right under average." Not too bad. Joe's platelets look good. And funny enough, his RBC are now on the high side of normal. Hopefully they stabilize. It seems weird that they suddenly just keep going up.
I snapped a picture of the view from the top floor of the hospital parking garage. Can't tell from the photo that the weather is getting COLD!
Please pray for Christine. I've mentioned her in the past, and posted some of her poems. She is an amazing person, and is very much a poster girl for minorities who need bone marrow and PBSC transplants. We were so excited a few weeks ago when we found out that after a very risky partial-match transplant the marrow had grafted. Unfortunately, this past week things haven't been looking so good. Christine is experiencing many complications. We don't know her, but she has been such a source of inspiration. Keep her in your prayers.
On the same note, there will be a fundraiser and bone marrow drive in LA, in Christine's name as well as her friend Jeremy. Click here for more info.
And of course, lest you think I've been slacking! I have more bone marrow drive info from CLLF!
Friday, Oct.20
11am-6pm
Drexel University
Creese Student Center
Philadelphia, PA
Mon, Oct. 23
11am-4pm
John Hopkins University
3400 Charles St.
Baltimore, MD
Wed, Nov 8
11am-5pm
Virginia Commonwealth
011 College Ave
Richmond, VA
Tues, Nov 14-15
10am-8pm
Virginia Tech
Williamsburg Room of Squires Student Center
Blacksburg, VA
Spread the word, spread the word, spread the word!!!!!!
Thank you to Yi-Ting and my 3rd auntie and uncle for the sweet cards. You are the best!
Thank you to hubby Joe for the second best gift ever. (You being all better will be the BEST gift ever! Of course, if we want to get all technical and sappy, you are the best gift ever.) I'm praying for you always!
Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life - in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing. But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.
~Philippians 2:14-18
4 comments:
Dear Karen and Joe,
Congratulations on Karen's 30th birthday. You are both enduring so much and being so positive that you really encourage mom.I am hoping and praying for that perfect match.Joe is not only your best gift but also ours.
I am very proud of you both.
Happy Birthday Karen!
From Mom
Happy Birthday, Karen,
Keep your charm and faith that we admire so much. Your mom shouldn't have exposed your old age. I kept thinking that you are aroud 25 or younger. You are blessed because Joe is so nice to you.
We don't know why bad things happen to good people. I do know good people and good christian use bad things that suck to bear bigger fruits. You are.
From the two claimed to love you most in the whole world next to Joe
Happy Birthday Karen!
A friend of mine who is really into astrology believes that many people go through some kind of trial during their 29th year because Saturn returns to the position it was in when you were born. Maybe this means the hard part is moving behind you! I certainly hope so. And if it's true, I'm sure God is in control of that, too.
Thanks for updating the blog . . . it's been great for so many to be able to read about how things are going, without feeling like we are bothering you.
Be well,
Jocelyn
Ephesians 3:20,21: NOW TO HIM WHO IS ABLE TO IMMEASUREABLY MORE THAN ALL WE ASK OR IMAGINE, AACORDING TO HIS POWER THAT IS AT WORK WITHIN US, TO HIM BE GLORY IN THE CURCH AND IN CHRIST JESUS THROUGHOUT ALL GENERATIONS, FOR EVER AND EVER! AMEN
Now, I have hesitated to quote Scripture, I don't want to be flippant! Yet, you know that God is truly in charge of all situations; MDS, myeloproliferative disorders, etc. So continue to seek, ask and knock...God is merciful, sovereign, and above all loving..
We wait for Him to move and heal us all! Love, Gretchen
Post a Comment