Thursday, November 01, 2007

Who Am I?

This was one of Joe's favorite songs. We had nights when Joe would play it over and over all over the house. Then he would encourage me to plunk it out on the piano or strum it on the guitar and we would sing it over and over. This song gave us peace, inspiration, and strength. I pray it does the same for you.

Name: Who Am I
Artist: Casting Crowns
Album: Casting Crowns

Who am I?
That the Lord of all the earth,
Would care to know my name,
Would care to feel my hurt.

Who am I?
That the bright and morning star,
Would choose to light the way,
For my ever wandering heart.

Bridge: Not because of who I am,
But because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who you are.

Chorus: I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow,
A wave tossed in the ocean,
A vapor in the wind.
Still you hear me when I'm calling,
Lord, you catch me when I'm falling,
And you've told me who I am.
I am yours.
I am yours.

Who am I?
That the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
And watch me rise again.

Who am I?
That the voice that calmed the sea,
Would call out through the rain,
And calm the storm in me.

Not because of who I am,
But because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who you are.

I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow,
A wave tossed in the ocean,
A vapor in the wind.
Still you hear me when I'm calling,
Lord, you catch me when I'm falling,
And you've told me who I am.
I am yours.

Not because of who I am,
But because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who you are.

I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow,
A wave tossed in the ocean,
A vapor in the wind.
Still you hear me when I'm calling,
Lord, you catch me when I'm falling,
And you've told me who I am.
I am yours.
I am yours.

I am yours.

Whom shall I fear?
Whom shall I fear?
'Cause I am yours.
I am yours.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen, I have seen Casting Crowns perform that song in person 2 times!! That is one of my favorites as well! What a beautiful song and how uplifting and inspiring are the words. I'm sure it gave Joe so much peace, as the picture seems to relay. The lead singer, Mark Hall, is just an awesome, humble man of God and was so inspiring in all that he said at the concerts. I hope it encourages you, too, Karen and that you will continue to have "peace" in knowing that Joe is in such an awesome place, rejoicing with our Lord, no longer in pain and that you will join him in Heaven! Our time is but a vapor on this earth and may our precious Lord keep you and give you peace in your heart when you need it. God bless!

Anonymous said...

Karen -- This is a beautiful song and I am playing it now and thinking of you --
God Bless you

P Miller

Anonymous said...

It's a very beautiful song! Thank you for sharing! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT7x3VnrqbA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqk53sAxLmg

3rd Auntie

Anonymous said...

I sm glad that both you and Joe found comfort in that song and its truth. gigi