Thursday, September 04, 2008

Chop chop

In May 2006, I donated my hair to Locks of Love. It was something that I had wanted to do for years. I knew several people who had already done it - some more than once. Yet, every time I tried to grow my hair out, I would get impatient and end up chopping it off before it was long enough. In 2006, one month before Joe was diagnosed, I finally did it. Joe totally proved that bald is beautiful. Women like Erica have also proven that bald is beautiful. Not all women diagnosed with cancer are prepared to embrace this side-effect though. Cancer is hard enough as it is. With that in mind, I decided after Joe died that I was going to donate my hair again. It's actually the funnest way to make a donation. You get to help someone, and you get a makeover. It's a win-win situation. This time, I decided to donate to Pantene Beautiful Lengths.

I got my hair cut in Toronto. There was no reason for it. I was just up there with friends and it seemed like a fun thing to do. Plus, for my own personal reasons, I wanted to do the chop close to the "one year mark." My friend Cynthia decided to donate too. She had beautiful waist length hair, and donated a foot. Her new 'do is totally hot, don't you think?

I feel like I'm always giving speeches and telling people what to do. But seriously, I know so many people who have happily donated their hair. If you've been blessed with beautiful, long tresses, think about it. It's fun!


Posted by Picasa