Thursday, May 15, 2008

Cowboy Joe

I mentioned before how Joe wanted to be a black man when he grew up - and how he came close by becoming the voice and mind of P. Diddy. :) Then I briefly mentioned that Joe had secret aspirations to be a cowboy. I did not mention just how far these aspirations carried him. Did you know that Joe was also the voice, inspiration, and talent behind Garth Brooks? Seriously. Joe told me himself. :P

One of the things Joe wanted to do after he finished his residency was to get a Toyota Tacoma. He believed that every person should own a pickup truck at some point in their life. I loved that he was just Joe. He never tried to conform to a certain image.

Joe liked to say that he was easy to get along with because he adapted so well to different situations. It's true. One day, you might see him rubbing elbows with hoity-toity people at a five-star restaurant and wearing an Armani suit. Then the next day you would see him riding in the back of a beat-up car laughing with friends who have never heard of Armani.

Now I'll tell you a secret. Joe claimed that he could even change the way he spoke around different people. I would always laugh at him though, because his "black" speak and his "cowboy" speak sounded exactly the same.

How could you not love Joe?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Karen,
That's such a loving snapshot of his personality. Thanks for continuing to share. (I think that pickup truck is a bit of the Pittsburgh that's in all of us, no matter where we go!)

E, T, and L

LisaBe said...

well, *that's* easy: you *can't* not love joe! :) thanks for sharing his smiling face with us today :)
xoxox lisabee