I can't believe that it is 2008. A year ago, the start of 2007 was filled with hope, anticipation, excitement, fear, and anxiety. I suppose the start of this year is the same. And yet, the feeling is very different.
That's all I will say for now.
Praying for a better 2008.
Love,
Karen
Tuesday, January 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Karen, I am praying for a better 2008 as well. You remain in our thoughts and prayers. Thank you for your continued updates to the blog.
E, T, and L
Things can only get better... I'm thinking and praying for you.
Love, Sara
~Thinking of You~
Praying for a very blessed new year for you sweetie!
Happy New Year Karen.
June
Our outcomes did not match our hopes....and ever questions will remain of why?
Thinking of you often....good to hear from another pilgrim on the journey. love, gigi
I think of you so very often, Karen and am always amazed at your faith, your grace and your strength. You are in my prayers. ~Labattsmom
I think of you every day and pray that you are finding peace. Thanks for continuing to share your life with all of us.
I came across this poem a few weeks ago, and it made me think of you and other friends who have suffered a great loss this year...
HANG IT ON THE CROSS
If you have a secret sorrow,
A burden or a loss,
An aching need for healing...
Hang it on the cross.
If worry steals your sleep,
And makes you turn and toss
If your heart is feeling heavy...
Hang it on the cross
Every obstacle to faith,
Or doubt you come across,
Every prayer unanswered.....
Hang it on the cross
For Christ has borne our brokenness
And dearly paid the cost
To turn our trials to triumph...
Hanging on the cross.
Anonymous
Karen, I'm wishing you a new year filled with continued healing and a renewed sense of "being." I wish all good things to come your way in 2008. You are amazingly strong and brave and I appreciate you sharing your journey with all of us. Thank you Karen for being you. Happy New Year. love, nancy
Hi Karen, when I was first in your shoes, I do what I tend to do when faced with an unknown....I read a bunch of books on grieving. And they helped me feel less alone and less crazy. One in particular that helped me was When a Lifemate Dies: Stories of Love, Loss, & Healing Edited by Susan Heinlein, Grace Brumett, & Jane-Ellen Tibbals. It didn't tell me what to do or feel, instead, it's a collection of anecdotes of other people who have suffered the death of someone close to them. And reading a bit about all their stories helped me remember that there are so many styles of dealing with the death of a loved one. It made me more forgiving of myself whenever I have grief attacks.
Post a Comment