Friday, December 28, 2007

Photos

My cousin Wei-shin sent me a precious photo of me, my grandma, and Jiaxiang. I couldn't resist sharing it. It is hard to believe it was taken close to twenty-five years ago.

I also want to share some photos from my two trips to Boston. In November, I went up to Boston for a week to check up on the brothers. I hadn't found an opportunity to visit Victor since he started at Harvard. He'll be finishing up in May, so I definitely wanted to go up and see his dorm and meet his friends. Anyone who has met my brother knows that he is Mr. Goody-two-shoes. (Sorry, if I'm tainting your reputation Victor!) Well, I had the privilege of meeting several of Victor's friends. I keep telling people the same thing. His friends are so good, they make Victor look bad. No, I'm not sure how that is possible. It just is. It was great fun meeting all of them, and they were kind and didn't make me feel ridiculously old.

Albert is in Boston as well. In fact, my second trip to Boston was a gift from Albert. He landed tickets to the Steelers/Patriots game and made sure I would be there to cheer with him. The whole weekend was dedicated to Joe. We definitely could feel Joe's presence the whole weekend. Of course, the Steelers lost. But, in my stubborn belief that everything happens for a reason - I have decided that the Steelers had to sacrifice what would have been an extremely satisfying win so that Anthony Smith could be humbled.

Both of my trips to Boston included lots of good food! I also got teased relentlessly by my two brothers, because when they were busy, I would hunt down yarn shops. They never realized that real people purposely enter shops that sell yarn. Hahaha. What can I say? Yarn is therapeutic.

Well, here is the link to some of my photos from my trips to Boston.

Boston '07
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen
As always it is so good to hear form you. Absolutely love the photo. It is good to know I am not the only one up at all kinds of ridiculously odd hours. May God continue to blee you and watch ove you as we enter a NewYear.
Love and prayers always
Caryn

Anonymous said...

Hi again,
Okay, so it is early, quick edit to the above... hear from you...bless you...watch over you.(though I'm sure it would be good for God to blee you right now as well, whatever that may entail:) Hope that helps you smile, it was easier then trying to re-post. And I better go back to bed before I need to get up. Thinking of you and Joe, and your families.
Again, prayerfully
Caryn

Anonymous said...

i know you went to the game and all, but otherwise it seems that all you did was eat! what are trips for anyways? gigi

Anonymous said...

How come I didn't see any pictures of Victor's friend's pictures that made your brother looked bad?

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen
It is nice to see you smile..How special for you to take the trip and be with your brothers..
Thinking of you ..
God Bless you
P Miller

Unknown said...

Hehe of course Victor is nice like all younger siblings (I would know by experience :-)). Younger siblings unite!!

I was glad to see you and Victor at New Years!

Lauren said...

Hi Karen, I stumbled across your site from a blog from Andrew Mark, who left a link on his to Rupert's and I saw your comment and read your blog too. Thanks for the encouragement. It is nice to read about people who have actually lived out your fears and can praise God on the other side. I will be praying for your continued adjustment to your new circumstances. Your sister in Christ, Lauren