Friday, October 12, 2007

Not Fiji...


...but pretty close. My parents are "dragging" me away to a tropical paradise. The real reason that they are going is for my dad's 40th med. school reunion. At one point, they almost decided not to go. They wanted to be around for Joe. But Joe kept saying that they had to go. He wanted my parents to come back with lots of photos and stories. And then came the moment when God needed another angel up in heaven, and it had to be Joe. Things are pretty darn dandy for Joe right now. Life is a little bit more difficult for the rest of us. So my parents decided that my dad's reunion was the perfect excuse to take me away for some rest and relaxation. I wish that I was going to Fiji with Joe. I've mentioned before that I wish a lot of things. This trip will be good though. I aim to celebrate Joe's life and enjoy myself. I know that is exactly what he would want. It is kind of funny though. For a week, I'm going to go back to the days of being a nine year old only child. It'll be mommy, daddy, and me! (sorry victor!)

I will be back...with lots of photos and stories and things to share.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Fiji"........that was certainly one of Joe's funnier postings...for the first few lines he had us all confused. Joe is in a wonderful place (heaven), you are going to a nice place, I am glad for all of you to go somewhere distracting....though, truly nothing really distracts. Our thoughts are always with our loved ones. Bon voyage, gigi

SW said...

OK, this is as 'on time' as I can be: emmm... "haaaaaapppppppppyyyyyyyy birrrrrrrrthhhhhhhdaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!" Ok, I am a pianist, so that wasn't a fingering mistake!

Unknown said...

tears welled up in my eyes again reading Vince's reflection...dear Joe, yes, indeed, "see you soon"...Happy Birthday Karen, I miss you...have fun in Hawaii :)

Melissa said...

Enjoy your trip, and Happy Birthday!

Kate said...

Karen- I remember you being a nine year old only child- I remember when Victor was a newborn!!

Enjoy Hawaii...tell Joe all about it.

jenny said...

Hanauma Bay!!!! Did you go snorkeling? The water along the left side was so much clearer. The middle stunk; all murkey. And the temperature gradient kept changing on the right side. Hanauma Bay was my favorite part of hawaii!!!!

jenny said...

Hanauma Bay!!!! Did you go snorkeling? The water along the left side was so much clearer. The middle stunk; all murkey. And the temperature gradient kept changing on the right side. Hanauma Bay was my favorite part of hawaii!!!!