Thursday, August 02, 2007

Day 5 & 6


Joe seems to be doing a bit better each day. Since the chemo started, Joe has had no fevers. Starting yesterday, Joe felt that his breathing was much better. Before, Joe would get winded just standing up. Today, Joe felt comfortable enough to take off his oxygen when going to the restroom. Considering all that he is going through, Joe is doing quite well. We are hoping and praying that this continues and Joe is able to leave the hospital for a bit in the near future.

In other news, Joe and I have jumped on the Harry Potter bandwagon. We're reading through book seven together. Joe reads a few chapters, and then I read a few chapters when Joe is in Benadryl heaven. It's been fun.

~~~~~
A.M. & A.D, thank you so much for the card. You have been so faithful in your support. :)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Tina @ Squirrel Acorns said...

Joe and Karen - we are ALWAYS thinking of you. ((Hugs)) I'm already almost done with my second read-through of HP7! I love HP. John even seems to enjoy them! He's not a re-reader though.

Nancy said...

Joe & Karen, Yay, no fevers! Glad that things are going better. I love HP too, but have been too busy to concentrate on it. Once I start it though, nobody will be able to bother me... :) Your chemo does look like cherry Kool-Aid. Amazing... Keep up the great spirits. You are in our thoughts & prayers.

Anonymous said...

Joe & Karen,

Congratulation for Joe's spirit. Joe is really the most expensive BudaoWong(never fall toy guy) from Tiffany. It is probably made in Taiwan that does not have to be recalled.
Amy is fighting as hard herself as you and is praying for you. I am so touched. I wish that The Almighty cure both of you- the most beloved people in the world that you are able to serve other peoples with your precious experience.

Q

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers daily--
GOD BLESS YOU !
Phyllis