Wednesday, August 08, 2007

1000 Cranes!


In a true act of love, patience, and dedication, my dear cousin Peichen folded 1000 paper cranes as a "good luck," "dreams come true," "get well soon" gift for Joe. How cool is that? The photo doesn't do the cranes justice. It is absolutely amazing! Thank you Peichen! It is beautiful, and the heart behind it is so very touching.

Today, Joe is doing really well. Everything felt better today, so that is a huge praise. We just keep praying for more days like this and a biopsy result that shows that Joe is in remission.

Happy Taiwanese Father's Day (Ba Ba) to all the daddies out there!

~~~~~

Congratulations to Kitty & Anthony on their new baby boy.


Thank you to:
Lauren & Eric,
Gretchen,
Jocelyn & Peter,
Min-Hsiung & Chu-Yuen Hu
Auntie & Uncle Teh

for the cards. You put smiles on our faces!

Thank you:
Joanna
Uncle & Auntie
Pei-chen

for your sweet and encouraging messages. You really touched us.

Thank you IR Linda for the very appropriate gift. You are so cool!
~~~~~
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
~Romans 8:18

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Ben and Cori Momma said...

Those cranes are beautiful and amazing!!!! Having tried a whole hour to fold a single one, I am in awe of this! May their intent come true and all wishes be fulfilled!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful cranes. Coincidentally, this year my daughter Grace and I are studying Eastern Hemisphere countries (we homeschool) and we are going to be reading a book called "Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes" about a girl with leukemia that tries to fold the 1000 cranes. We will think of you as we read this book.
Praying for your healing and good biopsy results

Anne in Missouri

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the cranes. A true labor of love and caring. Each one is carrying a prayer of some sort I am sure. Still praying each and every day.....GLA

Anonymous said...

Wow Peichen--you and Karen are prime examples of why I have the most awesome 22 cousins in the whole world! (ALL of whom are equally and amazingly awesome!) Glad to hear that Joe's doing so much better--thatta boy!

Love, Cousin Lilly

Anonymous said...

It certainly needs a lot of patient and passion to actually fold these 1000 cranes. For those who are curious how long it would take for these 100 cranes, it took about 25 days to fold them. Cross fingers for not getting any shipping damages for half of earth away. And that's my sister, I am proud of her (I can not even fold a single one).

Best Wishes

Richard in California

NETS said...

Wow, the cranes are amazing!
Much love and prayers.
~Neysa

Unknown said...

Neat crane chain! You and Joe are always in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Wow, how beautiful, Peichen! The cranes are really amazing, but your love and support are even more amazing. Praying for Joe's early remission and recovery.
Love, Yi-Shan & Osamu