Friday, August 10, 2007

bmbx #11

Joe survived his 11th bone marrow biopsy. It was done by a senior fellow, and it seems he did quite a good job. At some point next week, we'll get the results. Obviously we're praying for REMISSION.

Joe continues to be doing well. He has been breathing on room air for almost three days now. Still no fevers. And the pain has been under control. Joe is antsy to go home. The doctors haven't been very open about when this might be a possibility. We're hoping for the beginning of next week. We shall see.

I went home a couple days ago. I have a story of course. I'm starting to believe that Joe causes trouble on purpose, just so that I have something interesting to blog. Joe was walking around with his IV pole (Khemo Von Oelhoffen. Remember?) Khemo gained a LOT of weight a couple months ago. He'd gotten rather top heavy. On Wednesday, while I was home, Joe was walking around the room with Khemo. Wouldn't you know, Khemo lost his balance and tumbled over. Fortunately, he tumbled onto a big chair in the corner, Joe did not go tumbling after, and Joe's line stayed intact. Joe just got a tiny blood spot on one of his fingers. Khemo...his heads is a bit crooked now. Khemo has also lost some weight since his incident. He looks pretty good. There's always a story, eh?

That's it for today. Thanks for the continued prayers!

~~~~~
Thank you Shelley for the card. :)
Thank you Louison & Ping for the fun video. Joe hasn't been able to see it yet, but he will!

3 comments:

Este said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Este said...

It is great to know that Joe doesn't need oxygen and has no fever!! Everybody here in Taiwan is happy to know this!! As to the Khemo, I believe Joe is just try to be funny and naughty. Ha ha!

Unknown said...

Hello Khemo! I hope you're doing okay after your little accident. Maybe Mr. Joe was trying to tell you something. Hmmm...Joe and Karen, still so upbeat and humorous! It's so encouraging to read your posts; I'm elated to hear that the bi-op went well. New (school) year starting, so lots of excitement starting to build around here. Take care you two troublemakers! Love, Jomei ;)