Just a quick little update to let everyone know that Joe is still doing well! We went to see the doctor today, and Joe's steroids were tapered a bit more. His rash is very faint now and only itches a little bit at random moments. Not too bad. Joe's WBC is still low, so there was another filgrastim injection today. That's about it. We return to the hospital on Thursday for Cidofovir. That will be a pretty long day. Tune in tomorrow. It has been awhile since I have blogged about ways to help. I'm making a list, so be prepared. :)
Please pray for all the students, faculty, and families affected by the tragic events at Virginia Tech.
Monday, April 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dear Joe and Karen,
I am happy you are feeling better..and your itchiness is getting tolerable..
You are in my prayers today
ALL MY BEST
Phyllis
Just caught up on your last several blog entries. Thought we were getting ready to have Livi discharged, so I had been cleaning our new digs (that is BMT clean, involving lots and lots of bleach, etc.). We moved our belongings to a two bedroom apartment for BMT patients once they are discharged (if they do not live in a twenty mile radius of the hospital. "Home of your own" is owned by a hospital foundation for leukemia patients, I believe. It is furnished and somewhat resembles a beach condo, except the beach is Hershey Medical Center. It is closer and has its own laundry facilities. In general it has more room and feels somewhat "homey". (Emily and Livi have not been outside this hospital since 2/27, so it will be heaven to them!!!) It truly is an incredible blessing, and when I clean it I imagine Livi toddling around and without a mask!
I am so happy (inadequate word) about: the rash....he looks great in his photo, Joe's renewed energy to fight his disease, your names for the drugs he has to take, and the reduction in steroids! Darn the CMV, and the nasty yellow paint Joe has to drink! When I saw the first pic I thought he had to slather it on like a lotion. Oh my. But I am thankful that it will be helpful. In general being thankful for the good news, and praying for the low WBC to get better and the day when you are totally well. This is too long to be a "comment"...gla
Post a Comment