Thursday, April 05, 2007

Peanuts


I'm not quite sure why, but Joe seems to always make me think of the Peanuts gang. I always used to call him Joe cool - because his name is Joe, and well, he's cool! Confession: We are even dorky enough to own matching Joe cool hoodies...but only because they were less than $5 each!

More recently, Joe's bald head started sprouting hairs. But not very many. So I would tease him and say he looked like Charlie Brown. Things had been so miserable for Joe lately too, with his unbearable rash that just wouldn't go away. Kinda gave him that woeful expression Charlie Brown always seems to have on his face.

Then today, Joe received a new identity. Our pastor surprised us by showing up at the door with an Easter basket! Unfortunately, Joe was asleep, but I was able to get Pastor Jim caught up on the latest news. Mainly we discussed Joe's ongoing rash that still won't go away, and his tendency to leave Joe dust everywhere he goes. Pastor Jim said, "like Pigpen!" And I said, "exactly!" And it's funny, because Joe actually likes to tease me and call me Pigpen. (Yeah, I'm not sure why either...really...) I think he must agree that he is now much more deserving of the title. What seals the deal is that even though his rash is still pretty unbearable, Joe is feeling much more hopeful now. So the woeful look is diminishing and the smile is returning. To top that off, Joe is growing even more hairs on his head. From far away he still looks bald, but get a little closer, and you will see that Joe indeed has several patches of hair sprouting from his head.

Gotta love the Peanuts gang!

Thank you Pastor Jim for the wonderfully fun Easter basket. Joe and I are currently suffering from a major sugar high!

Happy Birthday Jian! Hope you had a fun celebration!


Charlie Brown: Everything seems hopeless... I'm completely depressed.
Lucy: Go home. And eat a jelly-bread sandwich folded over. Five cents please. (Charlie Brown leaves. Lucy puts her feet up.) There are some cures you don't learn in medical school.

Violet: Pig-Pen, you're an absolute disgrace! All that dirt and dust... you could be a germ carrier. Did you ever stop to think of that?
Pigpen: So what if I am? Even germs get tired of walking now and then!

Charlie Brown: Well Snoopy, what are your plans for today?
Snoopy: Plans? I hadn't even thought about it. But I suppose I'll sleep a little this morning. Then this afternoon I'll take a short nap and later on I'll try to get some more sleep. Those are good plans!
~Taken from "I told you so, you blockhead! (Peanuts Treasury)" by Charles M. Schulz.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At the office we have used the term "buckethead" when someone is really a blockhead. So from all of us bucketheads here in Hershey, thank you for the Peanut blog...continue to stay positive. Praying daily, gla

Anonymous said...

~JOE AND KAREN~
HAPPY EASTER NIGHT TO YOU..
Phyllis