Tuesday, April 03, 2007

itchy, itchy, itch, itch...

Joe continues to itch from his rash. I keep threatening to cover his hands with socks to keep him from scratching. I suppose, I need to just do it! The problem would be figuring out a way to Joe proof them, so that he can't take them off! Joe is still taking steroids at the increased level, which is actually the same amount he took the very first time the GVHD began to appear. Joe was also prescribed a steroid cream. Both help some, but not enough. I think that the itchiness is counteracting the loopiness that Joe would normally be experiencing by now from the steroids. Oh, but the steroids have been providing Joe with some very vivid dreams. Last night was the best one yet. Joe had a dream that scratching fairies were giving him permission, in fact encouraging, him to scratch. Great. Go away fairies, go away!

Because Joe's rash is being so ugly and stubborn, we are now scheduled to go to the hospital every day this week. This way the doctors are able to keep an eye on the rash and act accordingly. The good news is that the daily visits no longer mean daily blood draws. As originally planned, Joe will only have a total of two blood draws this week. One down, one to go!

The photo doesn't even come close to doing it justice. But I had to share the beautiful card that our friend Patrick made for us. It is just too cool!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Somebody should nominate Patrick for the "Most Crafted Bachelor Award"!
Seriously!

sha