
My Joseph is well into round 5, and he is again doing as well as can be expected.
He's expecting the usual soreness and nausea, but as usual he's being a trooper. Joe's counts are all up a little this week, which is a good sign that the chemo is still working as it should.The two of us are both more emotional lately than usual. The reality of what is and what is to come will just hit us individually at random moments. Fortunately, we're able to discuss all of our feelings openly which helps so very much.
No word yet on the four people who have gone for further testing. It doesn't look like we'll be getting any other people to test though. It sounds like several other potentials contacted declined to move forward for whatever reason. So after these four, we'll be moving towards transplant no matter what the results. As I've mentioned before, this is both a relief and a source of anxiety! In any case, we are strong. Joe is strong. And with the overwhelming support we have from all over, we will fight, fight, fight.
A lot of fun praises for this week!
A very HAPPY, but belated BIRTHDAY to my Big Uncle! He celebrated his birthday on Monday. Happy Birthday!
Happy 1st birthday to Gabe! Congratulations on your television debut Mr. Dinosaur! You are too cute.
And the 9th, is a very very special day. It is my cousin Yi-Ting's birthday! (Why yes...as a matter of fact, she is single. If interested, simply send your application and photo to me, my mom, or any other member of Yi-Ting's family. :) ) Yi-Ting and I have had lots of fun ever since we were young. Even though we only get to see each other every few years, when we get together, it's as if no time has passed. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, my dear cousin!!!!!!
And, the 9th is also a very special day because it is my parents' WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!!! (Isn't their wedding photo great?) HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM and DAD!!!! Thank you for being so wonderful and loving. You have been a HUGE blessing to us. If you see my parents, make sure to wish them a happy anniversary. :) (I think it's been 32 years...but don't quote me on that. :P)
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
~John 14-27
3 comments:
Say happy anniversary to your parents for me. And you can pass on a happy birthday to your cousin. Sorry no application or picture :-) And give Joe an extra hug and tell him it is from me.
Dear Little Uncle & Auntie,
Happy Anniversary!
Love, Yi-Shan & Osamu
Hello from HMC. I read your blog and can say, I understand. Continuing to pray for you, as always. God can do a miracle even with a "good" match. For Joe, it will be a perfect match! Gretchen
Post a Comment