Monday, September 07, 2009

July 3, 1974 - September 7, 2007




Well, it has been two years. So far, my weekend of celebrating Joe in my heart has included friends, ribs, Superbowl trophies, and karaoke. Joe loved friends, ribs, Superbowl wins, and karaoke - so I'm sure he must be smiling.

I'll share thoughts and reflections later in the week.

For now, I just ask that you tell someone amazing that you love them. Call them, write them, text them, go into the next room and find them... just do it. Even if they probably already know it... even if you can't remember the last time those words came out of your mouth... even if you just told them five minutes ago... even if it's been so long since you've said it that they'll think you're drunk... even if you *are* drunk... just say it. Because even if you've said it a million times - there may come a day when you will wish you'd said it a million more.

Love and hugs,
Karen
xoxoxo
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Karen, for that very important "reminder." You are so right and it is SO important!! Thinking of you today and sending prayers your way. Joe is smiling down on you, I'm sure. God bless you and keep you, knowing that HE will. ~A dedicated prayer partner

Ben and Cori Momma said...

I'm choosing to say I LOVE YOU to you my sweet Karen! Your weekend sounds like a beautiful way to honor Joe and your love. (And I just love the pics you put up of him!)
God bless you and Joe both.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and Joe today - Superbowls, ribs, and friends sound great! (I would spare you my karaoke).

Evonne, Thomas, Leah, Hannah, and Grace

Sheila said...

Karen:

I meant to check your blog on the
7th but time got away from me (it was my birthday). Now I wish I would have just to read your reminder. The next day a good friend of mine & coworker was killed in a car accident. 2 kids under 5 and a lovely wife. Life changes in an instant doesn't it?

I hope you are well, love the pictures of Joe...

Sheila