Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sister of two Harvard grads. :)






I have experienced quite an eventful month. The kind of month that is so eventful, that when you try to talk about it, you don't know where to start. The first week of June, my little brother, Victor, graduated from Harvard. The week of his graduation the weather was wet, cold, and slightly miserable. But Harvard is Harvard, so the festivities continued...outside. It was a fun week. My family was able to hang out with Albert. We were able to hang out with Victor's friends and their families. We were able to eat lots of good food (and some not so good food!). We ate Harvard ice cream (rounds of vanilla ice cream with a red 'H'). J.K. Rowling gave the commencement speech. I love Harry Potter. I'm not one of those hardcore fans who waited in long lines at midnite and finished each book in one sitting. I am just a regular fan who was very excited to hear what J.K. Rowling had to say. She was absolutely lovely, and I think I have even more respect for her now. Her speech was entitled, "The Fringe Benefits of Failure, and the Importance of Imagination."

That is all I have to share for now. Little bits at a time. :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen,

You are very smart to put Rowling's speech " The fringe benefit of failure..." there. It is very encouraging. Thank you.

q