Saturday, March 15, 2008

Ass Stance



Posted by Picasa
In June of 2001, Joe's family invited me to join them in Boston to attend Albert's Hah-vuhd (that's Harvard...maybe you've heard of it?) graduation festivities. One afternoon, we had some free time. We weren't doing anything special. Just hanging out. I'm not sure how it started... All I know is that at some point Joe and I started giggling about men who reach an age and suddenly start wearing dress socks and shoes with shorts. And then, because I'm mean and wanted a good laugh, I convinced Joe that it would be really fun if he put on his dress shoes and socks and took a stroll with me around Harvard Square. He actually agreed. Once we were outside, we decided it would be even more fun if we acted like a couple visiting America for the first time. So we started pointing randomly and speaking rapid Taiwanese during our stroll. We were acting completely ridiculous and silly - something lovebirds have a way of doing. Near the end of our walk, we noticed an assistance pole with a letter missing. Given Joe's attire, we felt that a perfect picture opportunity had presented itself. It's one of my favorite photos. I think I fell in love with Joe that day.

The day of Albert's graduation, Joe and I were returning to Albert's dorm for something. We passed by the pole again, and Joe decided that it was my turn to pose with it.

This past November while I was in Boston, Albert and I drove past the pole and started laughing. Albert immediately pulled over so we could snap a picture! Unfortunately, it came out blurry. Guess we'll have to return again sometime.

6 comments:

LisaBe said...

ha! i love it! with that sexy outfit, i can see why you fell in love with him! what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for continuing to share yourselves and your love...when I saw that pic I spit my soup out laughing. (Does your Dad dress like that? Mine does, all the time. And he wouldn't get the ass stance.)

As always, in our thoughts and prayers.

E, T, and L

Ben and Cori Momma said...

That is hysterical! I love these stories and it's so ovbious that you two were so well matched!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Peanut Butter Cup said...

I can't believe you made ("convinced") Joe to walk around like that!! How mean! :p

Anonymous said...

what's an ass stance? gigi