Last week another family member was added to the Lord's heavenly army. My cousin Jiaxiang passed away recently at the tender age of 26. He was tall...and a lover of basketball. He was smart...and a surgery resident. He was a great brother...to a beautiful younger sister. Jiaxiang was the son of my dad's brother.
It has been a tough year for my family. First my paternal grandma in March, then Joe in September, and now Jiaxiang. Sure we know that they are having all kinds of fun in heaven. But that doesn't necessarily make it easier for the rest of us still hanging out on earth.
If you could please pray for my family and especially for my relatives in Taiwan. Pray for that peace that surpasses all understanding. Also pray for continued safe travels for my dad who is with his family in Taiwan right now.

18 comments:
Karen,
I am surprised to see your blog about Jiaxiang, while I am in the frontdesk of Cambridge Hotel next to their house. I walked over to visit Jiaxiang's father. He is alone at home with a nurse to see patients. He was uncomfortable to my American hug that I never did that to him before. He appeared unusually calm, saying if God wants to take Jiaxiang. He is OK and nobody can do athing about that. I didn't say a word. I couldn't have. There are two buses load of classmates and professors from their medical school to join the service tomorrow. A-go will invites me eel noodle with beer tonight. I need that. I just reached Kaohsiung this afternoon after one and half days of flight, don't even know this is day or night. I am suppose to keep awake or go to sleep.
Miss you
Dad
Praying for peace for your family, and for healing that only God can provide. ((((hugs))))
Karen, we will pray for peace, comfort, and healing. We are so, so sorry for your losses.
E, T, and Leah
Karen,
I am so sorry to hear about your cousin's passing. So heartbreaking to lose someone so young. You're always in my prayers, I'll just make sure they're extra intentional.
Hugs,
Anne (anneg)
karen, so sorry to hear about another loss in your family...you will continue to be in our prayers as always...
jessica and jeremy
Our prayers are with you and your family always, Karen. Take care.
oh, honey. i just can't believe it. i am so, so sorry. so much love, me.
Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.
Dear Karen
I am so sorry for your loss. I was recently at a retreat and whn the speaker told the following story I immediately thought of you and your family. I'll tdo my best to tell it , briefly. A young girl had been severely injured in an accident and her parents were watching over her hospital bed as she endured unbearable pain. They all prayed for God to ease the pain. The pain did not immediately get better, however instead "the pain became the path that drew her nearer to God". Karen I am so sorry for all the pain that you have had to endure and I know you have drawn closer to Him. I pray that you will able to soon draw closer to him in joy as you have in sorry. May God continue to be with you
Much love and many prayers
Caryn
Dear Victor
Please know that I am sure many of Karen's friends love to hear all you have to say. I know that I do! May God continue to guide you and watch over you as you are an ambassador for Him during this most difficult time. May He give you strength and comfort as you are surrounded by family yet also far away from many you love as well. Having seen your spirit in Karen, and experiencing your comfort myself at Joe's passing, I know that many in Taiwan will see God's love shine through you. Praying for safety in your travels. May it comfort you and your family to know that others care.
Prayerfully
Caryn
Karen,
I felt this strong urge to read your blog right now while I was driving back home. When I thought about you, I was actually looking at a cross here out in California that overlooks Forest Lawn Memorial. I will pray for peace.... for you and for also the rest of your family. May God bless you and keep you strong.
Your friend,
June (Junifer)
Karen,
I followed gradpa with the taxi driver Mr. Yu for a whole day trip as grandpa does everyday.We drove the ocean side yesterday and into mountain today and visited the now famous Zion Mountain church group in the dead end deep in the mountain. They are famous as all cults in the USA do. They have their own schools, and fought with the governments many times. then they moved in further. They say that diploma is the tool of satan. You get the rest. Now Taiwan government let them go free completely. All their cars, fire engines have no licences. Now and then, a branch members from afar such as Hawaii would come to visit. I think that it is the Taiwanese edition of Jim Jones, Koresh,etc.. I feel very sorry for so many children there secluded for life.
I found out I had lots of wrong spellings on yesterday's writings. Would you correct it for me?
I will take the Tong-lian bus tomorrow night at 10 pm to airport for the flight of 8:30 Wednesday morning.
It is 8:50pm Dec. 10 now.
Miss you all
Dad
Karen, 12-08-2007
It has been a very tough day for everyone. We arrived at cremation center for a memorial service. There's at least dozen more services going on. Most of the Taoism’s' were very loud with traditional Taiwanese trumpets. I am familiar with those music since my childhood in Taiwan. Couple of trumpeters would play funeral music guiding the team walking through our busy street. There's huge Buddhist services there as well. All different services were side by side, to me, into a purposely chaotic symphony representing a sudden rich society in a very puzzled era. 1:30 PM memorial service in our own Go-san Presbyterian church. We had our choir, lady choir, and youth choir with the third fanciest new pipe organ in Taiwan. The choir level is much higher than our Graystone church. I am so proud of them. The youth choir is much much better than 40 years ago when I establish them while I was in medical school. Jiaxiang's sister sang the opera " Dido's Lament” was such professional. It really stunned me and earned my tears. Your cousin Weixin will copy one for you. I encourage her to have a chance applying to CMU for music. Jiaxiang's mother appeared extremely calm and taking the chance to show Jiaxiang's many many medical school classmates how good Christians do in this difficult time. Most of them are Buddhists or agnostics. I really wished that you were here with me to witness this. Jiaxiang's dad (my brother) was not able to face it and did not attend either of the services. He had grandpa's private taxi driver drove grandpa out as usual whole day. Grandpa accidentally took my glasses with him. It cost me whole day searching for it. Mom will understand this.
At 95, grandpa did very well. He asked about Joe in 3 different occasions. He asked me 20 times when I will be leaving and in one occasion teared. I used Dr. Hong's (your dentist uncle) power point projector to show our Hawaiian trips etc. Weixin, Jiayang, Weizhe all enjoy your pictures very much.
Say Hello to mom.
I do not know how to get to our e-mail address. This blog site is the only place I can get into and conveniently located in the front desk. Hence I print these notes here. If it interests some of your friends. I love it.
How's your Boston visit. I still have no idea how Steelers has behaved. How your brothers doing.
Miss you all,
Dad
12/09/2007 8:31 PM
Hi Karen...
I've always heard deaths come in 3s.. so there will not be any more pain in your heart for a while. You can focus on happy memories and your healing.
~Shelley
Karen, I'm sorry for your loss. It sure has been a tough year. My thoughts are with you constantly. Take Care of yourself. love, nancy
Wow -- when it rains, it pours. Praying for peace and comfort for you and your family.
Jocelyn
Karen, Thinking of you during this Christmas season.....keeping you in prayer. Praying for the Lord to give you "extra" strength and encouragement. He is there, right with you. God bless you and keep you.
Post a Comment