Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Update.

Joe looked and felt so much better today than yesterday. One big perk was that he hasn't experienced any fevers since yesterday afternoon. The funny thing is that since Joe had a normal temperature the whole day, he was much more attuned to the temperature of the room. The thermostat in the room is super sensitive...and I'm pretty sure it lies about the temperature. I generally just leave it alone and keep a jacket handy. But of course I wanted Joe to be as comfortable as possible. Unfortunately, the thermostat only does "tropical" and "arctic." Honestly. There is this little turny thing on the bottom. Half a millimeter in one direction made the room super toasty (better to imagine Fiji, perhaps?). Half a millimenter in the other direction made the room quite cold. Joe did acknowledge that he should probably be thankful for the cold considering it was in the 90s outside.

Just to bore you even more with the details of the thermostat...the "turny thing" claimed that the temperature of the room would be 70. (half a millimeter in either direction is pretty much all seventy.) The thingy on top (yes, I realize I'm very technical) that shows what the actual temperature is kept reading between 78 and 80. Lying thermostat. :P

Joe's breathing was significantly better today. There was less coughing, and Joe only required one liter of oxygen. (Yesterday, he needed four.) Late in the evening, Joe felt a little bit more shortness of breath. He'll be getting some Lasix since it worked so well yesterday.

So overall it was a great day. Joe was even CMV negative. THANK YOU for all the prayers. Keep them up, because they are working!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

---So happy you had a good day Joe---You deserve Many Good Days--
God Bless You
Phyllis

Nancy said...

Yeah, CMV Negative... that's what we're looking for on a consistent basis!!! I'm glad the Lasiks helped, too. I remember feeling like my lungs were drowning when I was carrying 14 pounds of water... Lasiks did the trick. Joe, stay optimistic and know that we're thinking of you every single day.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear yesterday was a good day for you! (Sorry to hear about your themostat woes... maybe you can figure out how to turn it HALF of a millimeter each way instead of a full millimeter? ;-) )

Sending lots of positive thoughts across the state!

SW said...

good to hear that Joes is doing better :-)
keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Very happy to hear that Joe is getting better. we are continue to pray for Joe & Karen. Karen,you have to take care of yourself too. Love ,2nd &3rd Ah-E

Heather said...

I visiting from Amy Wilhoite's prayer blog. You are so faithful to pray for her. I will keep Joe in my prayers as well. God Bless!-Heather