Before you do anything, please, please take the time to lift sweet Baby Livi and her family up in prayer. They could really use it. Thank you.
~~~~~
As planned, Joe is back in the hospital in room T-713. It is a large spacious room, so everyone was joking that Joe has the VIP room and is being treated like a king. Meanwhile, Joe is doing an incredibly good job breaking in the new residents and fellows. Bless their hearts. They are sweet but such obvious newbies. Everything has taken so much longer than necessary. We arrived yesterday morning, and pretty much nothing was done for over 6 hours. It was really quite silly...and frustrating. But as they say, "never get admitted to a teaching hospital in July." My husband is so sweet that he got admitted two July's in a row.
Joe had a rough night with ongoing fevers. By late morning his fevers were better. Joe started his chemo around 2pm, so he is about halfway through his first dose. Each dose runs for three hours.
I'll try to keep everyone updated. I'm sure there is more to share, but I'm not feeling very wordy right now. Imagine that. Thank you to everyone for all of the encouragement and prayers. We appreciate it so much.
~~~~
Christine celebrated her 1 year BMT birthday yesterday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Nancy, who was Christine's hospital neighbor is about a year and a month out and is at 100% engraftment. Yippeeeeee!
Happy belated birthday to Julie O. and Eric S.!!!!!
And a Happy 1 month birthday to Ocean!
Friday, July 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dear Joe & Karen, Thank you for celebrating my 100% engraftment. It means the world to me. We're all on this unusual journey together and I'm pulling for you every single day!
I'm so saddened by the loss of Baby Livi. I've been following her blog for many months and am truly at a loss. My deepest condolences go out to her family.
You stay positive and strong and if you need anything, please let me know. love, Nancy
You're not in the slammer you're in operation headquarters. Go troops!
~Shelley
Post a Comment