Thursday, October 30, 2008

For Immature Audiences Only...


***If you are mature... or if you don't think that talking about poo is funny, PLEASE STOP reading now. This post is not for you. Don't say that I didn't warn you.***

As many people have pointed out in recent weeks, I haven't posted in a long while. I just haven't had anything interesting to share. Or, I did, but didn't want to share with the masses. Or, I had too much to share and didn't know where to start.

So today I'm posting some silliness, just to let everyone know that I'm still here and doing quite well. Really and truly.

Joe and I were quite the immature couple. We were like two little kids, giggling about things kids find funny - like boogers and toe jam. And we also both agreed that poo jokes are funny. Told ya we were immature. With that in mind, today I will be sharing three things related to poo. :)

1. Shortly after Joe died, I adopted his phone. When I open it up, his photo smiles back at me with the message, "You Can Do It!" It always makes me smile and gives me strength. Anytime Joe was feeling discouraged, I would exclaim, "You Can Do It!" Sometimes, I'd invent a ridiculous dance for him to do too. And sometimes... he even did it!

A couple months ago, I was going through the different menus on the phone. I discovered something that I had forgotten about: Voice Memo.
While Joe was sick, he started reading voraciously. When we were out, if he came across a book that sounded interesting, he would go to Voice Memo and record the title and author so that we could see if the library had the book.

I started listening to all of the Voice Memos.

When I got to the message recorded at 9:24am on November 24 (2006) I started giggling.

Joe started it.

The memo says, "The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff."
The recording is only four seconds long, but Joe starts giggling one second in... all because Pooh (as in Winnie the Pooh) sounds like poo. I don't think Joe ever did end up reading the book. But the recording never gets old. I laugh every single time I listen to it.

2. I have this habit of saying, "sigh" out loud instead of actually sighing. The thing is, the Taiwanese word for 'poo' sounds an awful lot like the word 'sigh.' Every single time I said, "sigh"... and I mean every single time... (either because I never got smart enough to stop, or because I unconsciously wanted to let my husband have his fun) Joe would say, "Ewwwwwwwwww! You said poo!" :)

3. Joe and I were fans of the television show, Scrubs. Our all-time favorite episode was the musical episode. Our favorite song from the episode was... "Everything Comes Down to Poo." Listen to it. It's hilarious. While I could say... unfortunately, the song became a reality for us. I would rather say... fortunately, the song enabled us to laugh at the reality of things we experienced. And that's the truth.

As an added bonus for my immature audience that read through this whole post. I'm going to share our second favorite song (by just a hair) from the musical episode of Scrubs, "Guy Love."
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't sound immature at all! Bodily functions are funny for all ages, and if you don't get it too bad. well, i take that back...not everyone enjoys them. But since Joe was a doctor....he has dibs on that humor. Good to hear from you, and to learn more of how much fun you are! gigi

Anonymous said...

Pooo-BangSaai, I love it! As a matter of fact, me immature man earn a living on it.
A clay colored poo suggests a gallbladder or liver cancer. A black one suggest stomach bleeding. A red one is from piles. If one's poo something's moving or there's eggs, he has company in the gut. I particularly missed the eggs of
Chinese flukes (Clonorchis sinensis). It looks like a football with beautiful bubbles on each end. Because Americans do not eat raw lake fishes. No eggs.
I apologize to make the poo much less romantic, shame on me.

q

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

I'm glad you're back. Poo is funny. Did you watch Friends? Remember when Chandler was interviewing for jobs? The potential boss said "Let's talk about what you do do." It was hard for C to keep a straight face. At the end of the interview, he said something like "Nice side step on the do do." and the potential boss just looks at him like he's crazy.

Sheila said...

Glad you are doing well and its nice to read about you again!! I thought Scrubs was cancelled but someone just emailed me to say Courtney Cox is going to be on next season? ANyway, good show!